Thread: planning a trip to Amsterdam. anyone know anything about the acessabilities?

Cool planning a trip to Amsterdam. anyone know anything about the acessabilities?

whats up. so im set on my Rollin in Poland trip and have gotten my tickets.
    i thought since im so close id go to Amsterdam for a few days. ive always wanted to go and its only a 1.5 hour flight from poland. does anyone have any info on whelchair use in Amsterdam? or maybey a place i can get help to do a BP out there. let me know.

Thanks,
    J2
    J2

28/M/chicago/C5-c6 quad Comp.
    [url]
    www.J2RollsOn.com

I have a friend that lives there and could give you her email, she would be glad to help.

Jim that would be awsome. is she a chair user?
    J2

28/M/chicago/C5-c6 quad Comp.
    [url]
    www.J2RollsOn.com

Im heading to the netherlands in August/september. Does anyone know good house swapping websites for wheelchair access?
    "The impossible is just that which hasn't been done yet.Impossible is nothing"

My daughter has been in Amsterdam many times and she says the accessiebility there is better than most places she has been in Europe.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Jim, The friend you have in Amsterdam, is she a wheeler too? i will be there in August 24-Sept 8th and will be alone for like 4-5 days in that period and would like to find some local support. friends organization accessible tour groups etc. My daughter has to leave to go back to college on August 28th for San fran and Hubby will not be able to fly in until the Sept 2nd. sucks for me but I hope to make the best of it.

Any idea or contacts would be great..thanks!
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 07-24-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

I've been in amsterdam when i studied in london. i was on a euro-trip so i didnt stay for long. but for me, despite the fact that the road is very accessible, the building isnt, especially the cheap motel and hostels. i went with some able bodied, so it isnt so bad. luckily main attraction in amsterdam is mostly outdoor...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.