Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Carlos Lima?

Dr. Carlos Lima?

I read this today on Facebook:

"Sad news for the SCI community.
    Sorry to say goodbye to an amazing scientist, man and advocate for SCI recovery. Dr Lima always believed and for that, I am grateful. He will be missed by so many."

Can anyone elaborate?

just googled him nothing but old threads
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

According to a person that had his transplant, Dr. Carlos Lima died from a heart attach on June the 22nd.

I met dr. Lima few times, I can't say that I knew him, but I think he did his best with passion to find an effective therapy for SCI.
    Probably he has been criticised more than he deserved even if his procedure was very questionable from many angles.
    He told me last time I met him more than a year ago he wanted to develop a different cell therapy, not sure what is was.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

He was definitely an interesting character.

RIP Dr. Carlos Lima.
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    According to a person that had his transplant, Dr. Carlos Lima died from a heart attach on June the 22nd.

I met dr. Lima few times, I can't say that I knew him, but I think he did his best with passion to find an effective therapy for SCI.
    Probably he has been criticised more than he deserved even if his procedure was very questionable from many angles.
    He told me last time I met him more than a year ago he wanted to develop a different cell therapy, not sure what is was.

Paolo
    Oh, my gosh. I am very sorry to hear this. Thank you for letting us know. He was very passionate about curing spinal cord injury.

Wise.

R.I.P. Dr. Lima. and Thank's for trying
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Sorry to hear of Dr Lima passing away. That's one less person in the world chipping away at our problem!

RIP.

When I first had my "injury" he was the first reseaecher that I read about, so it's very sad to see him go.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King