Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teal Sherer, funny paraplegic actress in "My Gimpy Life"

Thumbs up Teal Sherer, funny paraplegic actress in "My Gimpy Life"

Have you seen the promo for My Gimpy Life yet? An upcoming web series that follows the adventures of a paralyzed actress in Hollywood (with all scenes taken from actual real life experiences)? If not, you gotta check it out. Here's a link: http://www.spinalpedia.com//videodetails.php?vid=103600

Teal Sherer writes, produces and stars in this web series. After seeing the scene in the series where she's at an ATM and the guy behind her asks if she can have sex, I was instantly sold on this upcoming web series (I just wish it would get out already. It was supposed to premiere over a week ago. Maybe it got delayed by Teal's wedding last Saturday?).

Anyways, Teal has been a paralyzed person I've admired for years since watching her in HBO's "Warm Springs," a documentary about FDR's life (where she played a patient who had polio). This girl has got real acting chops!

I wrote all about this fine lady, including how she got injured, for SPINALpediacom, that you can check out here: http://www.spinalpedia.com/blog/2012...r-teal-sherer/

Anyone else here a fan?
    May the fetus you save be gay

Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    Have you seen the promo for My Gimpy Life yet? An upcoming web series that follows the adventures of a paralyzed actress in Hollywood (with all scenes taken from actual real life experiences)? If not, you gotta check it out. Here's a link: http://www.spinalpedia.com//videodetails.php?vid=103600

Teal Sherer writes, produces and stars in this web series. After seeing the scene in the series where she's at an ATM and the guy behind her asks if she can have sex, I was instantly sold on this upcoming web series (I just wish it would get out already. It was supposed to premiere over a week ago. Maybe it got delayed by Teal's wedding last Saturday?).

Anyways, Teal has been a paralyzed person I've admired for years since watching her in HBO's "Warm Springs," a documentary about FDR's life (where she played a patient who had polio). This girl has got real acting chops!

I wrote all about this fine lady, including how she got injured, for SPINALpediacom, that you can check out here: http://www.spinalpedia.com/blog/2012...r-teal-sherer/

Anyone else here a fan?
    I've seen her stuff and I liked it but years ago when I was making a decision about getting NaturalFit rims I contacted Teal at her website (she was a spokeperson for NaturalFits). I never heard back from her and I thought well, maybe she's worried about stalkers. Though the questions I asked her were about gripping the NFs and what her COG was. So I got the impression she didn't think she should answer her mail and that didn't work for me.

Over the years I've contacted different people who had some fame and always heard back including a very personal message from my favorite jazz musician. First time this happened. I thought it was pretty fair if she repesented NF to answer a very short note from another chair user about them.

Still enjoy her stuff, she is funny and I find it poignant. I would like to see more.

How do you know she even got your email? You sent me mail and it went into my spam folder. Even if she did and was worried about stalkers it would be a valid reason, for all you know the last couple of seemingly innocuous emails did lead to weirdness. I don't think it is fair to judge someone on that basis.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I've seen her stuff and I liked it but years ago when I was making a decision about getting NaturalFit rims I contacted Teal at her website (she was a spokeperson for NaturalFits). I never heard back from her and I thought well, maybe she's worried about stalkers. Though the questions I asked her were about gripping the NFs and what her COG was. So I got the impression she didn't think she should answer her mail and that didn't work for me.

Over the years I've contacted different people who had some fame and always heard back including a very personal message from my favorite jazz musician. First time this happened. I thought it was pretty fair if she repesented NF to answer a very short note from another chair user about them.

Still enjoy her stuff, she is funny and I find it poignant. I would like to see more.

yea i am totally excited for this show. ever watch the guild? too funny and sadly, sometimes mirrors my geeky life lol
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    How do you know she even got your email? You sent me mail and it went into my spam folder. Even if she did and was worried about stalkers it would be a valid reason, for all you know the last couple of seemingly innocuous emails did lead to weirdness. I don't think it is fair to judge someone on that basis.
    I sent her the email thorough the contact at her website. I don't see how she could not get it. It came through her site so I don't think it could be junked as spam. I just think she didn't care to respond. Her choice. If she did get the email and chose not to respond I think I can judge her on that. She was taking the money to be a spokeperson, she has a public website promoting her career and a contact on the site. My conclusion could be wrong that she got it but if she did and doesn't want to reply, I got a problem with that. I was about to buy the product she was selling and I use a chair and wanted to know a couple of things.

My email to you was not on your okay list and so went to spam/junk, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I sent her the email thorough the contact at her website. I don't see how she could not get it. It came through her site so I don't think it could be junked as spam. I just think she didn't care to respond. Her choice. If she did get the email and chose not to respond I think I can judge her on that. She was taking the money to be a spokeperson, she has a public website promoting her career and a contact on the site. My conclusion could be wrong that she got it but if she did and doesn't want to reply, I got a problem with that. I was about to buy the product she was selling and I use a chair and wanted to know a couple of things.

My email to you was not on your okay list and so went to spam/junk, that makes sense.
    Yeah, if it was a form on the website I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Yeah, if it was a form on the website I can see that.
    Then again .. maybe she didn't get it ;-)

I really was hoping for her advice though. I was deciding between the standard and the narrower NaturalFits. I thought she'd be the perfect person to ask. Even as I wrote though I wondered if she got a lot of creepy emails from devos etc. That's why I tried to make it short and to the point. Sometimes I take things personally and it's all my imagination. When we have lunch remind me to tell you about my roommate from years ago who came home with a beautiful redhead one night and what I heard through the wall. :-)

Never got your email!!!

Hi! - Just wanted to say I never got your email. I'm usually really good at responding to emails, in particularly if regarding the Natural Fits as they are one of my favorite things in the world. They've made a huge difference pushing my wheelchair. Do you still have any questions????? Or did you already get a pair? And thanks for all of your support regarding MY GIMPY LIFE :-) So excited to share it with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    Hi! - Just wanted to say I never got your email. I'm usually really good at responding to emails, in particularly if regarding the Natural Fits as they are one of my favorite things in the world. They've made a huge difference pushing my wheelchair. Do you still have any questions????? Or did you already get a pair? And thanks for all of your support regarding MY GIMPY LIFE :-) So excited to share it with you all.
    woa! cool! very excited for this show!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/