Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Invivo on Fox news

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiang View Post
    I find it telling that Dr Young has not commented. Maybe Dr has been too busy and maybe there is something to this. But if i were a bettin man
    Sebastiang,

I have been "silent" because I have no new information to offer to the discussion. Everything that I know is based on the same presentations and press conferences that people here have read.

Wise.

Why I'm excited about InVivo

I've said it before and will say it again. I have a great interest in InVivo because of their science and Dr. Bob Langer! Please read the following article to get a understanding who Dr. Langer is and why he makes InVivo a very legit player in the biotech world.

At 16.26 in the afternoon on an icy Tuesday in January, Robert Langer is in his office at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a Harvard University freshman called Lulu Rebecca Tsao. Langer met Tsao last year in Finland when he and her stepfather were collecting awards from the Millennium Prize Foundation. Now she is in Cambridge, she has
    come to ask his advice on which projects to do, and Langer offers to show her around the lab. A quick tour would be great, she says. It will have to be quick. In my hand there is a three-page printout of the day’s schedule provided by Bethany Day, the assistant who keeps Langer’s diary. He has four minutes until what would be the fourteenth meeting since breakfast — if he had had breakfast. And his research lab is not a thing to tour in four minutes: try four hours. It is the biggest in the chemical-engineering department, and probably the biggest in MIT. It may well be one of the biggest academic labs in the world under a single principal investigator. Its 1,300 square metres take up most of this floor of MIT’s building E25 and some of a floor above. But Langer doesn’t mention any of that. He leads us from room to room pointing out postdocs and pausing at embryonic stem-cell cultures.

FOR MORE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.

http://www.nature.com/news/2009/090304/pdf/458022a.pdf
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

InVivo Therapeutics Engages FDA With Second Product, A Novel Drug Releasing Hydrogel

Heres a new release by InVivo that fans of this company might find interesting.

CAMBRIDGE, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. (NVIV:$2.37,00$0.08,003.49%) , a developer of groundbreaking technologies for the treatment of spinal cord injuries (SCI) and other neurological injuries, today announced a novel hydrogel based product for the treatment of acute and sub-acute sciatica or radicular pain of the low back and legs and/or acute and sub-acute radicular pain of the neck or arms.
    On June 29, 2012 InVivo submitted a request to meet with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Office of Combination Products and the appropriate representatives from the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) and the Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) to discuss a novel combination product.
    InVivo’s new technology is intended for the treatment of acute and sub-acute neck, back, and leg pain conditions that affect over 4.2 million patients annually in the United States. The product consists of a novel injectable hydrogel specifically engineered to allow for an effective, sustained release of a number of molecules, including methylprednisolone. A summary of the underlying research and development of this product was published in the Journal of Biomaterials in January 2011 and has led to a broad platform of neurological interventions.
    “For years InVivo has been pressed by patients like myself to develop treatments for herniated disks and other neurological pain issues associated with the aging baby boomers in the United States, and now we have an answer in InVivo’s hydrogel platform,” said InVivo CEO Frank Reynolds. “We believe that the opportunity for our new treatment could exceed $22B annually, and by late 2012 we plan to partner with a global leader in pain therapies to bring this product to market.”
    Said InVivo CMO Eric Woodard, MD “We feel that the hydrogel addresses several specific limitations of current therapies by allowing predictable sustained release of therapeutic molecules. Additionally, it exhibits the novel property of syneresis, or shrinkage, that significantly enhances its safety profile in neurological applications.”
    Added Reynolds, “We are developing technologies to treat both acute and chronic neurological injuries, and our first product, a biomaterial based scaffold for acute spinal cord injuries, is currently under review at FDA. We look forward to receiving approval to begin human studies for that product in 2012.”
    About InVivo Therapeutics (NVIV:$2.37,00$0.08,003.49%)
    InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. (NVIV:$2.37,00$0.08,003.49%) is utilizing polymers as a platform technology to develop treatments to improve function in individuals paralyzed from traumatic spinal cord injuries. The company was founded in 2005 based on proprietary technology co-invented by Robert S. Langer, ScD. Professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Joseph P. Vacanti, M.D., who is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. In 2011, the company earned the prestigious 2011 David F. Apple Award from the American Spinal Injury Association for its outstanding contribution to spinal cord injury medicine. The publicly traded company is headquartered in Cambridge, MA. For more details, visit www.invivotherapeutics.com.

http://investorstemcell.com/stem-cel...ain-treatment/
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

I just got this article regarding pain.

Monday, July 2, 2012

InVivo requests FDA meeting for spinal cord treatment
    By Don Seiffert

Cambridge-based InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. (NVIV), which develops treatments for spinal cord injuries (SCI) and other neurological injuries, has requested to meet with the FDA for its second product this year, a hydrogel-based treatment of acute and sub-acute neck, back, and leg pain conditions.

The product is specifically intended for sciatica or radicular pain of the low back and legs and acute and sub-acute radicular pain of the neck or arms, which affect more than 4.2 million patients annually in the U.S., according to a statement. It consists of an injectable compound which slowly releases a number of molecules, including methylprednisolone, an anti-inflammatory drug. A summary of the research was published in the Journal of Biomaterials in January.

read...
    http://www.masshightech.com/stories/...mailfriendform

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    8 days

where was that reported

thanks
    By Frank himself, 39 seconds into the above video: http://video.foxnews.com/v/170419460...-for-paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    Cure himself? Ha! He was only paralyzed for 8 days and he admits that he still has trouble walking.

Frankly, I think InVivo is doing some good work. They are just over-selling it to get air time. The bridge he talks about is his product. Everything thing else flash and glitter. I mean if you don't say "stem cells", "cure", and "walking", no one will listen to you.
    thanks kmorgen,

8 days but 5 years to get him back to walking

i believe they have other product but honestly don't keep up as before, cuz i have read many abstracts to know we have many products ready for trial.

and you are right on the key words in order to get air time

at this point i wouldn't care if they straight lied to get air time

i don't think they would cuz from the ones i've met reputation means a lot

air time, han's kierstead said his time on 60 minutes got him further than some years did

i hope you get the opportunity to go to this years W2W, meeting these people gives you a whole new perspective

thanks again
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    thanks kmorgen,

8 days but 5 years to get him back to walking

i believe they have other product but honestly don't keep up as before, cuz i have read many abstracts to know we have many products ready for trial.

and you are right on the key words in order to get air time

at this point i wouldn't care if they straight lied to get air time

i don't think they would cuz from the ones i've met reputation means a lot

air time, han's kierstead said his time on 60 minutes got him further than some years did

i hope you get the opportunity to go to this years W2W, meeting these people gives you a whole new perspective

thanks again
    Actually, my complaint was that journalists sensationalize the story to get people to watch. Frank Reynolds tried to correct him several times, but was willing to let him go, rather than say, "Wait, that's not what i said."

I don't really blame Frank. The publicity is good for him and InVivo.

Basically, I don't really care, except that the gist of the story is, InVivo has a cure for SCI, i.e. "They're paralyzed on the left side of your screen and now they are running on the right side of the screen." I think that is a bad message. Let's try to keep it real.

Finally, when i said, "Everything thing else flash and glitter." I didn't mean everything else InVivo is doing, just everything else in this story.