Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Invivo on Fox news

Invivo on Fox news

Heres a nice video on InVivos research. When I think about Invivo I think about Dr Robert Langer and his wealth of knowledge, expertise and reputation.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/170419460...-for-paralysis
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Quote Originally Posted by ineedmyelin View Post
    Heres a nice video on InVivos research. When I think about Invivo I think about Dr Robert Langer and his wealth of knowledge, expertise and reputation.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/170419460...-for-paralysis
    I love how news commentators add facts to make the story more sensational. Describing a paralyzed monkey:

"They're paralyzed on the left side of your screen and now they are running on the right side of the screen."

Running? More like limping. Dragging the left leg.

Also, the commentator kept trying to get Reynolds to say Christopher Reeve would be walking with the new device, whereas Reynolds would only say, we might have been able to get him off the respirator.

Geesh, people don't need to contribute to SCI. According to Fox News, the cure is already available from InVivos.

Fox News -- the place to go to be misinformed.

oh no its that fat bold man who was paralized and cured himself by reading books again

Highlights from the InVivo presentation at the 2012 Marcum Microcap Conference in New

Here are some interesting tidbits on a resent presentation by InVivo. These aren't my notes, there someone else's, I just came across them while doing some reading.

"According to CEO Frank Reynolds…

- the spinal cord injury market and the chronic pain market represent a 17 and 22 billion dollar market opportunity, respectively.

- they were one of a few who were invited to present their work (the monkey data) at the Nobel Foundation in consideration of a possible Nobel Prize in Medicine award.

- the FDA is enarmored by Bob Langer and can’t wait to get the review of NVIV’s products done in an expedient manner.

- their first human clinical trial using the scaffold technology (no drugs/no cells) will only require 5 patients (rather than 10 as previously guided)

- their injectable hydrogel application will go in sooner to the FDA than previously guided. Quote: “I think next week”"

http://investorstemcell.com/forum/in...htm#post106576
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-

<----Scott Weiland---->

Is the injectable hydrogel for people with chronic SCI?
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

Quote Originally Posted by mj23 View Post
    Is the injectable hydrogel for people with chronic SCI?
    Yes and apparently they have many different types of stem cells that they will use in combination with the hydrogel.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-

<----Scott Weiland---->

Yes and apparently they have many different types of stem cells that they will use in combination with the hydrogel.

How many chronically injured animals have shown improvements after the treatment of hydrogel + "stem cells"?

Reynolds is the "new" Stephen Davies.

Quote Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
    How many chronically injured animals have shown improvements after the treatment of hydrogel + "stem cells"?
    As far as i can tell its just that one monkey he keeps showing every time he does an interview. btw, the monkeys injury was treated at the acute stage.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-

<----Scott Weiland---->

As far as i can tell its just that one monkey he keeps showing every time he does an interview. btw, the monkeys injury was treated at the acute stage.
    Ya, the monkey would probabley be the same way with no treatment ie, incomplete injured monkey. All this does not impress me at all. It's been talked about for many years, it's nothing new and certainly not a breathrough as they depict it to be. Fox is probably just trying to prepare (in saying the cure is here now) all viewers with spinal cord injured people in their family for when/if Romney gets in and cut's NIH funding towards research to even lower levels than the Obama administration.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred