Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how do you keep your hands clean (ish)?

I got weight lifting gloves with no fingers. they are at walmart for about $8.00.

Quote Originally Posted by nofuss View Post
    With so many different strokes required for different folks I question the generalization. Did the study establish proper hand-to-axle 'drape, dump, seat width? How'd the testers sort out Injury level?

Need more hard info.
    they inputed that data into the study. not sure if she published it or not but the injury levels were sorted. i am multilevel, which proved to be too complicated. her study was mainly on exercise so everyone transfered to the machines and were hooked up to monitors etc it was a shoulder injury prevention study. she'd like to expand that to proper seating/pushing techniques as she and the pts have seen in their 20+ years is that shoulder injuries were more common with people who pushed on the wheel, improper seating/etc

also part of their approach here is to reteach folks how to push and have seen some success. she lost her funding tho so the clinic is now on a friends only basis and she will come in and do an eval if you ask.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Full fingered gloves (Petzl rappelling gloves) keep my hands clean. I've always worn gloves. You lose dexterity for getting things out of bags etc but it's worth the hassle of taking them on and off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    ... her study was mainly on exercise so everyone transfered to the machines and were hooked up to monitors etc it was a shoulder injury prevention study. she'd like to expand that to proper seating/pushing techniques as she and the pts have seen in their 20+ years is that shoulder injuries were more common with people who pushed on the wheel, improper seating/etc

also part of their approach here is to reteach folks how to push and have seen some success. she lost her funding tho so the clinic is now on a friends only basis and she will come in and do an eval if you ask.
    Got it. Food for thought. Sorry her $$$ dried up.

I push on my tires and wear full fingered gloves I get in the hardware glove section. They are reinforced in pretty much the right places and I get good life out of them.