Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: I want combo trials, and now!!

Quote Originally Posted by DA View Post
    many times i consider leaving this forum. many members here are more interested in attacking each other. i want a cure. the forum majority a loudest members seem to
    put last on their list. this is why i considered leaving. but then i remember, these members
    are brainwashed. the endless attacks of no cure, just accept your paralysis, you can do
    anything you want if you are determined, wanting a cure means you are sitting in a corner,
    we sale medical supplies, if that low para can do it so can a high quad, god made you this way for a reason, i wish i could ride around like you' by doctors/therapist/the public/media.

these members have weak minds so they buy into that bs. so they attack others 24/7 who do not. read the forum. it is always those healthiest attacking those less fortunate.
    brainwashed, not retards, just brainwashed.
    This forum wouldn't be the same withot you & yes most of the people with SCI don't have a mind strong enough to resist to the brainwashing attacks.... these people are responsable of slowing down the progress toward a cure, but there is nothing to do about them, they are resistent to any form of education, so let's just keep going our way, the ones who fight most get through!
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

DA, what is it that you want the CC members to accomplish and how (basically) should we go about doing it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    You have a lot of questions for somebody who is supposedly omniscient. I assume that they are mostly rhetorical. Let me take some of them.

Why didn't Obama allow clinical trials to be funded by the $5 billion stimulus allocation to NIH? Given that Obama did not campaign on promises to increase NIH funding and there has been nary a peep from people for increased spinal cord injury clinical trial funding, why are you surprised that little or none of the $5 billion stimulus money allocated to NIH was designated for spinal cord injury clinical trials? In Washington DC, you don't ask, you don't get.

Why was there purposely no funding of the CDRPA? I find it strange that you should ask this question. Based on everything that you have said to date, you don't want NIH to get any money. You think that it is a waste of time. So, why are you asking the question? Aren't you glad that it did not get funding? You also say "purposely" but don't mention who or why. There are lots of things that are not funded in Washington DC.

The government is like the mother bird that has landed in her nest with worms in her beak for her young birds with their mouth open and lustily peeping for attention and food. You think that the spinal cord injury chick not only should not peep for worms but it should close its mouth and turn its back. The mother bird will not peck the spinal cord injury chick on the head and force the worm into its mouth. The chick is going to be hungry.

Finally, let me ask a question. Why is it my responsibility to raise money for spinal cord injury clinical trials and not yours?

Wise.
    It's both because in each case the circumstances dictate it. Dr. Young, what is it that you want the CC members to accomplish and how (basically) should they go about doing it.

I don't know which core member of CC is in the middle between DA and Dr. Young but whoever it is I wish you would tell us what you want the CC membership to accomplish and basically how they can go about doing it.

many times i consider leaving this forum. many members here are more interested in attacking each other. i want a cure. the forum majority a loudest members seem to
    put last on their list. this is why i considered leaving. but then i remember, these members
    are brainwashed. the endless attacks of no cure, just accept your paralysis, you can do
    anything you want if you are determined, wanting a cure means you are sitting in a corner,
    we sale medical supplies, if that low para can do it so can a high quad, god made you this way for a reason, i wish i could ride around like you' by doctors/therapist/the public/media.

these members have weak minds so they buy into that bs. so they attack others 24/7 who do not. read the forum. it is always those healthiest attacking those less fortunate.
    brainwashed, not retards, just brainwashed.
    Sorry, I am fed up after continuously seeing the same old sh*# from the same source. Either the poster is too stupid to discriminate between imaginary fringe minority and general viewpoint or just lacks integrity to be factual/truthful about (coming to think about it) just about anything.
    Last edited by Quad62; 04-26-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    Healthy members? Do we have healthy members here? I thought our health was the reason why we were here on this forum. Whether you're a high quad or low para, I think we can all agree that SCI life sucks infinitely. If by doing "your bit" is simply educating your family and friends about SCI then that is something. If you are "healthy" enough to do more then by all means paraglide into Obama's back yard and gatecrash his BBQ. That would be a sight.

Seriously though, the thread is about wanting combination therapies NOW. How about we discuss that?
    if you dont know the difference between being a healthy member and unhealthy, then you must be a healthy member...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by swh2007 View Post
    DA, what is it that you want the CC members to accomplish and how (basically) should we go about doing it? Thanks.
    10 years ago i was pulling my hair out trying to build unity. in 2004 it kinda felt like we were united. many of us met in san diego with dr young. high quads to low paras. it was great seeing so many members. but it faded. back to in fighting, politics, everything.
    one member in san diego told me how he would never work with the forum group because someone called him a bad name on the forum...arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

the bitterness by some towards each other runs deep....

10 years ago i was pulling my hair out trying to build unity. in 2004 it kinda felt like we were united. many of us met in san diego with dr young. high quads to low paras. it was great seeing so many members. but it faded. back to in fighting, politics, everything.
    one member in san diego told me how he would never work with the forum group because someone called him a bad name on the forum...arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

the bitterness by some towards each other runs deep....

Maybe but we have to go on. Where should we go and how do we get there. That's the question. Same to Dr. Young. Same to anyone else. This is a challenge to anyone who is, should be, or wants to be a leader on CC.

Anyone can revise what they say as to where to go and how to get there after they have had a chance to see what others say.

Quote Originally Posted by swh2007 View Post
    It's both because in each case the circumstances dictate it. Dr. Young, what is it that you want the CC members to accomplish and how (basically) should they go about doing it.
    swh,

Please allow me to put my post into context. For the past decade, DA supported the Bush administration which stopped both CRDPA and SCREA, not once but twice through Senate holds and Presidential vetoes. Now, DA is railing against the Obama administration and is making misleading claims about how NIH is against spinal cord injury research.

My points are that people in the spinal cord injury community must tell their politicians that they care about spinal cord injury research and clinical trials. Politicians don't pay attention to scientists asking for more research money. They pay attention to constituents and people in wheelchairs. When the spinal cord injury community doesn't push for research and clinical trials, politicians conclude (and correctly) that the community does not care. Why should they fund the research when the community doesn't want it?

My question why it was my responsibility and not his responsibility to push for research funding was intended to ask who is responsible for raising money for research. DA and many others seem to think that it is somebody else's responsibility. DA is willing to blame others but not himself for the failure to fund spinal cord injury research in the last decade. He and others prefer to believe that there is a conspiracy against spinal cord injury than to accept responsibility.

Some people here are saying that they are losing hope this year. I have been puzzled by this development because there is more reason for hope now than at any time in human history for cure of spinal cord injury. We have made more progress i the past two years, despite cuts of NIH funding and a paucity of clinical trial funding, than in the preceding 8 years.

Scientists can't complete the task of curing spinal cord injury alone. You ask what I want the spinal cord injury community to do. My answer that the community must first decide what they want. I am not sure that the community wants more spinal cord injury research and clinical trials. If there is no community consensus on this issue, all efforts to lobby for increased research funding and clinical trial will fail.

There are so many things that the community can do. People can donate a dollar a day to http://justadollarplease.org to get chronic spinal cord injury trials going in the United States. People can write to Senator Harkin and their representatives to appropriate funds for NIH to implement the CRDPA programs that they have already passed. People should tell representatives to fund spinal cord injury research. People should donate to their favorite spinal cord injury research funding organization.

Wise.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    swh,

Please allow me to put my post into context. For the past decade, DA supported the Bush administration which stopped both CRDPA and SCREA, not once but twice through Senate holds and Presidential vetoes. Now, DA is railing against the Obama administration and is making misleading claims about how NIH is against spinal cord injury research.

My points are that people in the spinal cord injury community must tell their politicians that they care about spinal cord injury research and clinical trials. Politicians don't pay attention to scientists asking for more research money. They pay attention to constituents and people in wheelchairs. When the spinal cord injury community doesn't push for research and clinical trials, politicians conclude (and correctly) that the community does not care. Why should they fund the research when the community doesn't want it?

My question why it was my responsibility and not his responsibility to push for research funding was intended to ask who is responsible for raising money for research. DA and many others seem to think that it is somebody else's responsibility. DA is willing to blame others but not himself for the failure to fund spinal cord injury research in the last decade. He and others prefer to believe that there is a conspiracy against spinal cord injury than to accept responsibility.

Some people here are saying that they are losing hope this year. I have been puzzled by this development because there is more reason for hope now than at any time in human history for cure of spinal cord injury. We have made more progress i the past two years, despite cuts of NIH funding and a paucity of clinical trial funding, than in the preceding 8 years.

Scientists can't complete the task of curing spinal cord injury alone. You ask what I want the spinal cord injury community to do. My answer that the community must first decide what they want. I am not sure that the community wants more spinal cord injury research and clinical trials. If there is no community consensus on this issue, all efforts to lobby for increased research funding and clinical trial will fail.

There are so many things that the community can do. People can donate a dollar a day to http://justadollarplease.org to get chronic spinal cord injury trials going in the United States. People can write to Senator Harkin and their representatives to appropriate funds for NIH to implement the CRDPA programs that they have already passed. People should tell representatives to fund spinal cord injury research. People should donate to their favorite spinal cord injury research funding organization.

Wise.

Wise.
    Setting aside the comments about DA (I understood the context of your statement), thanks for telling us what you want us to do. Do you think the CC membership should try to organize itself to become a functioning unit instead of just a bunch of individuals doing what they think is right (and often then bitching about the actions or non-action of other members)?

Now, DA, it's your turn. Without getting tied up in Dr, Young's response, what do you want the CC membership to accomplish and how should we do it?