Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: I want combo trials, and now!!

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    Would you do it?
    yes, do you have his phone number?

Did Will report back?

Fellows and gals; again I say that the future higes on success of the trials already in progress. All the talk of funding, skepticism, synicism, etc will change , if the trials are successful. We must concentrate on the progress that is currently taking place in the arena. This is the cure forum and our concentration must be on the obvious. The first human trials, struggling and obstinate in the system, nevertheless the system that seems to be authentic. We must follow Wise's trial closely and expect the best. I feel he expects a breakthru. We must follow the China trial where only 20 people out of ~1 million candidates are needed to carryon. We must follow the tentative trial in the US where 250-400 candidates wil be trialed. This is real discussion and progress for the cure. Thsi will be the telling of progress we all want on this CURE FORUM. THIS IS WHERE OUR FOCUS AND DISCUSSION SHOULD BE. I'm hopin for the best and a new discussion in the future .

Good luck to all and Wise with his trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    Did Will report back?
    Actually, Will Ambler did not meet with Obama, only an aide. Below is the only report I am aware of.

http://www.santamariatimes.com/news/...cc4c002e0.html
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DA
    if i live to see a cure, i will not every take my new freedom for granted. i will pick a uncured disease and raise tons of money to cure it...without them asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip
    So you'll raise tons of money for another group of people -- even though there's also (paraphrasing you) "an army of people whose jobs depend on them being sick" and their cure will have to go through the same "corrupt" system of clinical trials, etc. -- but you won't do a thing to help advance a cure for yourself or your peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DA View Post
    i said post cure. as ab i could travel, lobby, bribe, whatever it takes.
    i can not do those things at will being a complete dependent quad.
    maybe after the system build that multi-trillion dollar robot capable of making me
    independent, then i could do those things as a quad.

your IQ is not very high huh?

btw, multi-trillion dollars could buy multi-thousand different sci cures. isnt the system great.
    This, DA, may be your best line of crap EVER -- that you're TOO DISABLED TO DO ANYTHING TO ADVANCE AN SCI/D cure.

Being a dependent quad doesn't keep you from spending hours at CC cranking out one whiny post after another about how progress toward the cure isn't coming fast enough, yet your quadness is so debilitating that it prevents you from writing a letter or make a phone call to advocate for the cure.

Your injury doesn't stop you from surfing the net to find articles you can use to slam Obama, but it does keep you from getting to the Just A Dollar Please web site to make a donation.

If this argument -- that you're too disabled to do anything to advocate for change -- you're on real shaky ground insinuating that I'm the one who's not too bright. Two words, DA: Ed Roberts. Look him up, then whine about how your "dependent" quad status is the reason you aren't able to do squat except piss and moan about how bad things suck.

Poor, pitiful, DA. You're obviously the most severely disabled quad in CC history -- perhaps anywhere -- since your SCI has rendered you so helpless that, even with assistance, you're incapable of writing a letter or making a phone call.

My IQ's high enough to recognize someone who's full of shit when I see them, and I'm looking right at you.

Done and out.
    Last edited by thehipcrip; 04-23-2010 at 07:46 PM.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    This, DA, may be your best line of crap EVER -- that you're TOO DISABLED TO DO ANYTHING TO ADVANCE AN SCI/D cure.

Being a dependent quad doesn't keep you from spending hours at CC cranking out one whiny post after another about how progress toward the cure isn't coming fast enough, yet your quadness is so debilitating that it prevents you from writing a letter or make a phone call to advocate for the cure.

Your injury doesn't stop you from surfing the net to find articles you can use to slam Obama, but it does keep you from getting to the Just A Dollar Please web site to make a donation.

If this argument -- that you're too disabled to do anything to advocate for change -- you're on real shaky ground insinuating that I'm the one who's not too bright. Two words, DA: Ed Roberts. Look him up, then whine about how your "dependent" quad status is the reason you aren't able to do squat except piss and moan about how bad things suck.

Poor, pitiful, DA. You're obviously the most severely disabled quad in CC history -- perhaps anywhere -- since your SCI has rendered you so helpless that, even with assistance, you're incapable of writing a letter or making a phone call.

My IQ's high enough to recognize someone who's full of shit when I see them, and I'm looking right at you.

Done and out.
    it takes a low down trashy person to trivalize a persons disability.
    you dont know my situation and my current problems. but ofcourse that wont stop the garbage you post. there are plenty of people on this forum that is in a position not being able to travel. are ya gonna make fun of them too? why not go to the care and pain section to get your laugh on. like i said a million times, it is always those in a good position smirking down at the less fortunate. laugh while you can, you will get your one day.

Wasn't the request to fund articles 1 and 2 in the CDRPA bill removed by its authors prior to it reaching Obama's desk?

DA, send the form letter to Harkin. It may not work but it won't hurt to try and doesn't require travel or cost anything. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=133574
    Last edited by antiquity; 04-23-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antiquity View Post
    Wasn't the request to fund articles 1 and 2 in the CDRPA bill removed by its authors prior to it reaching Obama's desk?

DA, send the form letter to Harkin. It may not work but it won't hurt to try and doesn't require travel or cost anything. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=133574
    for you, i will. but dont ask me to send a loving letter to hugo chavez.

Quote Originally Posted by DA View Post
    for you, i will. but dont ask me to send a loving letter to hugo chavez.

Awesome! You should take pictures of that or something.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    quadfather,

It is hard to give a specific number. I can tell from the buzz at the meetings. Almost every spinal cord injury laboratory that I know is now making combination therapies a high priority. I don't know how many are actually doing it.

Wise.

Almost none it seems...