Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: I want combo trials, and now!!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    It's not that it's just hopeless in recovering the ability to walk ... I'm saddened that after 25yrs (this summer for me) and at age 38 (this October) that there have been no improvements in bowel/bladder/sexual function - not even in the way it's handled!

I sound like a broken record ... but obviously neurogenic problems have affected these functions for several decades even outside of spinal cord injury - and yet - nothing.

I empathize with DA's frustration. I also agree with Wise quad's post .. many of us know it's 'game over' for us.

I am just thankful that I was 'just a para' and able to live as full a life as possible, save for being ill with pressure sores at age 15 and the last 2+yrs.
    the game doesn't have to be over for us. it is not the science holding back the sci cure and
    secondary treatments to reverse problems caused by chronic paraylsis. people are holding back progress, evil people. too attach a 'no clinical trial' rules to $5 billion for medical research is evil. yet people here defend this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise quad View Post
    DA I don't know why you waste your time with these retards. You know after reading a few of your posts I feel like i've known you my whole life. You do realize your completely out of there league. It's also interesting to me how absolute incompetant people always agree with each other. Like it seems as if people are "oh hey look there's a human with the intelligence of a chimp... I BET WE HAVE A LOT IN COMMON!" rofl rofl
    many times i consider leaving this forum. many members here are more interested in attacking each other. i want a cure. the forum majority a loudest members seem to
    put last on their list. this is why i considered leaving. but then i remember, these members
    are brainwashed. the endless attacks of no cure, just accept your paralysis, you can do
    anything you want if you are determined, wanting a cure means you are sitting in a corner,
    we sale medical supplies, if that low para can do it so can a high quad, god made you this way for a reason, i wish i could ride around like you' by doctors/therapist/the public/media.

these members have weak minds so they buy into that bs. so they attack others 24/7 who do not. read the forum. it is always those healthiest attacking those less fortunate.
    brainwashed, not retards, just brainwashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    Lynnifer,

There’s a difference between being negative and being factually observant; you impress me as being the latter. My 8 years of SCI pale in comparison to your 25 years. I understand the frustration exhibited on this forum and I greatly admire Dr. Young’s tenacity and unwavering commitment to the SCI population.

I had set a time limit for myself on when it was time for me to quite worrying about emerging therapies that may benefit me, in this case 10 years. That limit will be up in 2 years. Knowing that clinical trials will take at least 6-7 years to complete, I would be in my 60’s, which I consider to old, if I’m even alive.

For those folks that like to attack me and claim I’m lazy and do nothing, I’ve tried. I attempted a nation wide fund raising campaign starting at the local level several years ago. There was large front page newspaper add with pictures. I tried to organize other SCI advocates in other cities within my State. I traveled and did reports on labs, blah, blah, blah. Now I can’t work, have a much lower income, can’t travel, and have a pressure sore that has left me bed ridden for many months to come. I still donate every month to the emerging USA clincial trials infrastructure. However, I'm confident someone will still find this post a "whine" and will still point out my shortcomings. I’m not complaining.

But I understand what you’re saying.
    exactly, my situation is the same. i did so much more when i was healthy. but now, i fight
    to stay alive. this is what our healthy members can't understand when they trivalize our condition as to why we are not doing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    You trivialize the plight of the poor as having a lazy mindset who don't work because they get everything free. I've never known anyone on welfare living in conditions that would make them satisfied.
    todd ole buddy, this is politics. the politics forum is the play ground to have fun with each other and at each others expense. so lets keep it there. i'll start a thread for you replying to your post. this is a must see reply...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DA View Post
    exactly, my situation is the same. i did so much more when i was healthy. but now, i fight
    to stay alive. this is what our healthy members can't understand when they trivalize our condition as to why we are not doing more.
    Still you have + 32.000 posts. Imagine if those posts was sent to Bush and Obama instead...

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I sound like a broken record ...
    You are, take it to the Care, Life etc. forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    "Wise quad", when a new member joins they usually introduce themselves and get to know people before they start throwing insults around.

Please fill out your profile and try not to be so rude.

firstly if that is the case I definitely am not your usual member so excuse me, so let me get this straight.

1) You introduce yourself.

2) You get to know people.

3) You can insult people. (But try not to be so rude).

hello people i'm a quad just like most of you. I have a story and burdens just like most of you. satisfied With 1 and 2? So about 3 let me elaborate (Whilst of course trying my absolute best not to be so rude).

When an individual of such astounding attributes such as this individual makes a comment such as this.

"Your injury doesn't stop you from surfing the net to find articles you can use to slam Obama, but it does keep you from getting to the Just A Dollar Please web site to make a donation.

If this argument -- that you're too disabled to do anything to advocate for change -- you're on real shaky ground insinuating that I'm the one who's not too bright. Two words, DA: Ed Roberts. Look him up, then whine about how your "dependent" quad status is the reason you aren't able to do squat except piss and moan about how bad things suck.

Poor, pitiful, DA. You're obviously the most severely disabled quad in CC history -- perhaps anywhere -- since your SCI has rendered you so helpless that, even with assistance, you're incapable of writing a letter or making a phone call."

What an amazing thing to say, like clearly it's wrong to be happy with accepting anything but the best course of action and optimization with dealing with something that absolutely without doubt destroys the very essence of life. DA you clearly have your priorities wrong. you just need to understand DA things are the way they are, let's definitely not try to explain and see the faults and fix them. That's clearly the wrong approach.

oh hey i'm upset with your approach to the problem i'm going to kick the man that's down. That ought to make me feel good about Myself. "oh hey guys look at me i'm kicking the helpless guy. Join in this is absolutely exhilarating"

oh i'm exhausted!

Done and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Still you have + 32.000 posts. Imagine if those posts was sent to Bush and Obama instead...
    they would get ignored 32,000 times.

Healthy members? Do we have healthy members here? I thought our health was the reason why we were here on this forum. Whether you're a high quad or low para, I think we can all agree that SCI life sucks infinitely. If by doing "your bit" is simply educating your family and friends about SCI then that is something. If you are "healthy" enough to do more then by all means paraglide into Obama's back yard and gatecrash his BBQ. That would be a sight.

Seriously though, the thread is about wanting combination therapies NOW. How about we discuss that?

Fly, that is what this forum is for. the "cure" thread is for discussions about a "cure" or improvement for those who choose to belive that it is a new day in spinal research. I'm still waiting for reports from Dr Young on his trip to Taiwan. He will give us an update and continue on with his human trials. The focus should be on the trials in Chian and later in the US. Things are happening but not fast enough for us fighting for a therapy or cure.