Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: I want combo trials, and now!!

Quote Originally Posted by DA View Post
    it takes a low down trashy person to trivalize a persons disability.
    you dont know my situation and my current problems. but ofcourse that wont stop the garbage you post. there are plenty of people on this forum that is in a position not being able to travel. are ya gonna make fun of them too? why not go to the care and pain section to get your laugh on. like i said a million times, it is always those in a good position smirking down at the less fortunate. laugh while you can, you will get your one day.
    DA,

We've been at this a very long time. Can't you understand that your tenacity could be redirected for greater good? Please look forward (even into the darkness) rather than back (at the absurdity).

for you, i will. but dont ask me to send a loving letter to hugo chavez.
    Deal!

Yes Antiqity , we are at a crossroads for progress; and let's not forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    DA,

We've been at this a very long time. Can't you understand that your tenacity could be redirected for greater good? Please look forward (even into the darkness) rather than back (at the absurdity).
    why did you not tell this to thehip? why single me out? thehip believes in the system. maybe you and thehip can shame me and show me how wrong i am about the corrupt system.

i bet you won't.

You trivialize the plight of the poor as having a lazy mindset who don't work because they get everything free. I've never known anyone on welfare living in conditions that would make them satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by cpaul View Post
    Its always uplifting to come and read these threads. Having a bad day as a gimp and coming here to find some cheer. Wow!
    Creeping up on my 49th birthday and 10 years in a chair, I am fairly certain I will be dead before something comes to pass to help us. The newby's who are in their teen's and twenties, you might have a shot but us north of the 40 yard line in life just see the sand falling through the glass day by day. personally being involved in SCI research, I've seen first hand how the research game is run. Anymore, I'm with DA
    you know, i'm skeptical of an absolute cure or anything above 99% happening anytime soon. But if they can work out how to mend a spinal cord i'm confident not long after people will be living much longer lives post sci cure. Latest research in anti-ageing have already got simple organisms living up to 7 times longer. if you care to dream of a cure please don't insult your intelligence and stop their. I'm 27 and have been completely suicidel since my injury. I'm a big supporter of "put the animal out of it's misery". Animals have the easy way out. I envy this man

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4969423.ece

It's not that it's just hopeless in recovering the ability to walk ... I'm saddened that after 25yrs (this summer for me) and at age 38 (this October) that there have been no improvements in bowel/bladder/sexual function - not even in the way it's handled!

I sound like a broken record ... but obviously neurogenic problems have affected these functions for several decades even outside of spinal cord injury - and yet - nothing.

I empathize with DA's frustration. I also agree with Wise quad's post .. many of us know it's 'game over' for us.

I am just thankful that I was 'just a para' and able to live as full a life as possible, save for being ill with pressure sores at age 15 and the last 2+yrs.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

you dont know my situation and my current problems. but ofcourse that wont stop the garbage you post. there are plenty of people on this forum that is in a position not being able to travel. are ya gonna make fun of them too? why not go to the care and pain section to get your laugh on. like i said a million times, it is always those in a good position smirking down at the less fortunate. laugh while you can, you will get your one day.
    DA I don't know why you waste your time with these retards. You know after reading a few of your posts I feel like i've known you my whole life. You do realize your completely out of there league. It's also interesting to me how absolute incompetant people always agree with each other. Like it seems as if people are "oh hey look there's a human with the intelligence of a chimp... I BET WE HAVE A LOT IN COMMON!" rofl rofl

"Wise quad", when a new member joins they usually introduce themselves and get to know people before they start throwing insults around.

Please fill out your profile and try not to be so rude.

Lynnifer,

There’s a difference between being negative and being factually observant; you impress me as being the latter. My 8 years of SCI pale in comparison to your 25 years. I understand the frustration exhibited on this forum and I greatly admire Dr. Young’s tenacity and unwavering commitment to the SCI population.

I had set a time limit for myself on when it was time for me to quite worrying about emerging therapies that may benefit me, in this case 10 years. That limit will be up in 2 years. Knowing that clinical trials will take at least 6-7 years to complete, I would be in my 60’s, which I consider to old, if I’m even alive.

For those folks that like to attack me and claim I’m lazy and do nothing, I’ve tried. I attempted a nation wide fund raising campaign starting at the local level several years ago. There was large front page newspaper add with pictures. I tried to organize other SCI advocates in other cities within my State. I traveled and did reports on labs, blah, blah, blah. Now I can’t work, have a much lower income, can’t travel, and have a pressure sore that has left me bed ridden for many months to come. I still donate every month to the emerging USA clincial trials infrastructure. However, I'm confident someone will still find this post a "whine" and will still point out my shortcomings. I’m not complaining.

But I understand what you’re saying.
    Last edited by Schmeky; 04-26-2010 at 10:09 AM.