Thread: Freewheel installation problem

Freewheel installation problem

Hi all,
    I bought a freewheel a week ago but in the place where I got it from (I am in Spain) they were not able to installe it properly. I have a Tilite ZR chair with angle adjustable footrest. I think we took care of the special adjustments this chair requires, but the problem was that the small rubber piece at the end of the freewheel was touching the floor when turning or when the freewheel was fully extended.

I attach here a few pictures of the problem. I would appreciate if Pat or any other who has have a similar problem could give me any tips.

Thanks!

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Wow, how far is your footplate from the ground without the freewheel? Looks like it would barely be off the ground. A proper height would be a minimum of 2" ground clearance of the footrest.
    You need to adjust the set screw with the allen head in the middle of the freewheel, will need to loosen the 2 small side screws also.
    Page 4: http://www.gofreewheel.com/userFiles...uide%20new.pdf

On page 5 of the setup guide it explains how to pin your footrest clamp so that the footrest clamp doesn't rotate when the FreeWheel is being used. It looks as if your footrest has rotated down. One of the downsides is that the back of your footplate is really low.

I would say to rotate your footplate back to where you like it. Pin it and enjoy!

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    Wow, how far is your footplate from the ground without the freewheel? Looks like it would barely be off the ground. A proper height would be a minimum of 2" ground clearance of the footrest.
    You need to adjust the set screw with the allen head in the middle of the freewheel, will need to loosen the 2 small side screws also.
    Page 4: http://www.gofreewheel.com/userFiles...uide%20new.pdf
    I have a little bit more than 2 inches in the front and less than 1 inch in the back. Can I maintain this distances and still use the freewheel or do I need to move the footrest up? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by patd View Post
    On page 5 of the setup guide it explains how to pin your footrest clamp so that the footrest clamp doesn't rotate when the FreeWheel is being used. It looks as if your footrest has rotated down. One of the downsides is that the back of your footplate is really low.

I would say to rotate your footplate back to where you like it. Pin it and enjoy!

Pat
    If I understand correctly I need to drill two holes and put 2 screws?