Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just one pain free day please

just one pain free day please

just one day not to wake up in agony.
    Get out of bed and do what i want.

God i hurt
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Ket, I'm so sorry! The trip you took would have killed me, just the thought of flying with this crap hurts, so I bet it has taken a toll on you, on top of what the toll was already taking!!! That was a mouthful!

I hope you're able to rest and wish you a good/better/semi livable day, soon!

Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

Hey Bill - glad you posted. Let me know when you have that pain free day and did what you wanted to. Then let me know how you did it.
    I mowed the lawn today and am so utterly uncomfortable, I am beside myself. I don't know if other people sharing your plight makes you feel better but there you have it.
    How about a few more photos?

I don't even remember what pain free is anymore. But I know what you mean Bill. I think I would be afraid to have just one pain free day......knowing I would go back to this......I'm afraid I would'nt be able to take it. I think it would be too hard.

keep on trying

Not a better day but am hellbound to play golf this afternoon. Still have pnemonia from my recent rip to CA, saw the doc and he wans't to happy about golf and pneumonia, but said it won't likely make it worse. Laughed at gold said wtf might as well can't hurt any worse than normal and you spaz all the time anyway so go for it.

Restarted my pics and do have mor from CA and am still trying to do one daily.

Arn, why do we keep trying and doing? Sometimes I'm puzzled. I wish i could roll over, but I'll keep doing things till it kills me or i kill me.

anway, I'll post my score LOL. Thank God for carts or I couldn't make 2 holes of walking only.

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

I am ELATED by your posts, KetKit! Hearing that you're grabbing onto opportunities to really live rather than simply exist in spite of the insane costs you must pay for playing has buoyed my spirits more than anything since opening the box of photographs you sent to me. Playing golf, working on one new photo a day, traveling -- you're not just seizing every day, KetKit, you're grabbing on and not letting go until you've done everything you want.

@smokey -- I'm of the same mind, T. While I'd love to have some time free from the plague of pains, I'm not sure I could survive having to return to where I am now after being reminded of everything that's possible without it. It's likely that one pain free day would be My last.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Hey bollefen if you dont mind me asking what kind of pain are you in and type of injury do you have? I ask because from reading some of your post we seem very similar. Thanks

Hipcrip I think you're right if I did get one day and knew what it would revert to I don't think I could take it.

I did play golf, sort of, I used to be an avid golfer so the local course treats me well. Did play golf yesterday, paying for it today, but today would have sucked anyway and at least I had some time out in the fresh air pretending I can still get my game back. :-)

Thankfully I didn't fall down at all and it was uneventful and fun. double down on the anti-spaz meds and kick it up with a bit of alcohol and had relatively few spaz moments. Actually hit a few good shots. I think I "played" 10 or 11 of the 18 holes the rest were ones that present physical challenges or you can't take the cart off the path.

So do you have a fave from the pics yet?

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

Just as the saying goes "Black is the new White" I thought getting up in the morning full of pain was normal? After a building falling on me it's been ever since..... Sucks too!!! I'm still standing, kind of, still trying to take the sand out of my shoes that isn't there, with legs that don't have much feeling, can't explain that yet.

"Hipcrip I think you're right if I did get one day and knew what it would revert to I don't think I could take it."

Me? I wouldn't know where to begin.

I'm convinced the only pain free day I'm ever going to have again is when I take my last breath..No test or drug has proven otherwise so I'll go on living one day at a time hoping for the best until my time is up...
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)