Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I miss what I can't do

I miss kicking the soccer ball to my girls and passing the football around with my son. Now we play the Wii together..

I have pretty much gotten used to SCI and am happy, but when I see kids run, I remember when it felt good to have a body.

I miss going for walks with my little nephew and playing basket ball with him

Kids they grow up so fast Time Flies

I dont know what to say as this is one of those very heart felt threads a good one

Sometimes I wish I could turn back the clocks and time

Definitely the beach, the water, the feet on the wet sand.
    And travel has gone from pleasure to ordeal.

Long walks on the beach, surfing...but I'm still very able to scuba dive!

Quote Originally Posted by Millard View Post
    Unlike Cryptic, I was 20 years old when I was injured. I went through the usual stuff, depression and etc. After 10 years post, I thought of how I used to be maybe several times a day. After 20 years post, I would think about it maybe once a month. Now at 45 years post, I never think about it and wonder why I ever wanted to go back. If I had not been injured, I would never met my wife and gotten married 41 years ago. Once I accepted everything, even being married, my life turned around and I have been happy ever since. I only hope many of you can find what I did!!! I don't really miss what I can't do, I just enjoy what I can do...

Good luck.
    Close to my experience. Disabled since 11 years old. Now about 40 years post. Not a single regret at this point. So many more things to do in life then I will ever accomplish.

I also hope people find what you makes you happy or at peace.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

How about enjoying what you can do while you still can

I was at a carnival last night in the beer tent watching a very popular local band and I could not help looking at all the guys in tank tops sporting tatoos and built arms. (not like that I was with my girlfriend) I was missing the body I use to have. I told my girlfriend that and she said "I think you have a great body" I guess thats all that matters..

I miss running, cycling, step aerobics, dancing, etc..etc.. I was so healthy and active, exercising up to 6 days a week. I miss sleeping well without taking something for sleep. I miss cracking my back, lol, standing on my tiptoes, doing jumping jacks, i miss getting cheap massages by students at schools for massage therapy. I think about these things often but it doesnt help..only hurts.
    Here im preaching to the choir when i say you need to be thankful for all the things you can still do....nothing is forever, keep smiling.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

OK you all need some comic relief i was riding the local short bus ( Disabled Transit ) and some guy cut the bus off and the driver nearly creamed the guy,and everyone's chairs where strapped down good and secure so there was no problem but i could not resist myself and yelled up to the driver "I think i need to go to the hospital when you slammed on the brakes i felt something pop in my spine and i think i can walk again !!" none of the drivers of those buses have ever let me live that one down.

So come on gang chins up !