Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why????

Why????

Did this have to happen to us??

Why not? Shit happens in a less than perfect world. There is no way to earn an exemption.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I ask myself that most every day.
    The best I can come up with is that life is a giant crapshoot.

Cause you're not a Kennedy or a Coors. Look at the history or those two families.

This happened to me because I chose to go for a Sunday morning bike ride instead of to the beach, with my family, on March 12th, 2006. Then I chose to stop and turn left in front of an 18y/o kid choosing to look at his cell phone, instead of my brake lights. When he hit me, and the bike shot out from between my legs, the small luggage trunk I had just chose to install on the rear pillion caught me in the back, bending me backward and dislocating my T12, before launching me like a catapult into oncoming traffic.

A series of poor choices, converged on me, that day.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by MADPRODUCER View Post
    Did this have to happen to us??
    Consider that this has been happening not just to us, but to millions of people throughout history.

Those people died a miserable death.

Also consider that of all the countires to live in an have an SCI - this is the best one.

In the ranking of people through history who got an SCI; you are right at the very very top of the pile.

AND if the doctors play their cards right, you are young enough to maybe even escape this one day. No guarantee, but hey.....stick it out there. I know its not easy, but its not impossible.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Cause you're not a Kennedy or a Coors. Look at the history or those two families.
    I'm a Kennedy, just not a rich one.

Hear, hear!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    Consider that this has been happening not just to us, but to millions of people throughout history.

Those people died a miserable death.

Also consider that of all the countires to live in an have an SCI - this is the best one.

In the ranking of people through history who got an SCI; you are right at the very very top of the pile.

AND if the doctors play their cards right, you are young enough to maybe even escape this one day. No guarantee, but hey.....stick it out there. I know its not easy, but its not impossible.

Peace
    And the truth shall set you free.

In some cases lack of good judgment.

My god tells me all things happen for a reason. (S)he doesn't always make it clear what that reason is...but somewhere, some time, something good will happen because of the bad that happened to us. When it does, hopefully you'll be around to say " oh!...yeah, that".