Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drs. know how to kick you in the nuts!!

I read recently about a truck driver that was fired because he didn't reveal that he had sleep apnea and some other medical conditions that made him sleepy during the day. I am pretty sure the medical requirements for a CDL license are strict for safety reasons. This sounds like a situation where they'd need to determine if/how the ADA rules apply to truck drivers. Interesting. Can commercial vehicles be operated with hand controls?

Check out these resources:

http://www.military.com/veteran-jobs...-disabled.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyHNlvqe8VE

You may need to consult with a disability rights attorney.

(KLD)

I am a T6 complete and drove a Mack DM til I got smarter. Hardest part is getting in and out. Once your in they are so easy to drive now, with all the air assists, electronics. Even a doctor could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    I am a T6 complete and drove a Mack DM til I got smarter. Hardest part is getting in and out. Once your in they are so easy to drive now, with all the air assists, electronics. Even a doctor could do it.

KLD...thanks for those links...that video was awesome!

baldfatdad...that's great...the company i work for have fairly new units, so I know if given a chance I could do it!

You need to be evaluated at a driver rehab program, most SCI centers have them.

Jim.. I forgot to mention, but I did take a driver evaluation at my rehab and passed it..that was 2 yrs ago. I know I am stronger now, and i gave that eval to the Dr. and I told him I was taking my CDL test in a automatic truck. He still felt I wasn't ready...