Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Oracing XTR

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    Can we ask Oracing to build a stainless steel chair?
    Probably, they don`t have stainless steel tubes in stock, but there is no problem to buy them in anywhere, so i think they will do it no problem.

[QUOTE=totoL1;1546613]The frame ready to go for anodize, i love this fucking desing, probably is because it`s mine ,

Are you anodizing the frame clear ?

What color accessories are you going to dress her up with?

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyarddog View Post

Are you anodizing the frame clear ?
    Yes, just an anodized without colour.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    What color accessories are you going to dress her up with?
    Backrest uphostery sawed with orange thread and embroidered, i`ve got some aluminium orange bolts for fix the cf sideguards to the tabs and orange caps for wheels valves, so i`m not sure but maybe i put all the bolts of brakes in orange too and a softroll orange aluminium caster, cf seat, std forks in black and spinergys spox sport black spokes.

Call me a broken record but I still think Bob Hall nailed it best.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Call me a broken record but I still think Bob Hall nailed it best.

Schmicking do a chair very similar, but i don`t like it much, it`s is only a matter of tastes, we all can`t have the same taste, it will a bit bored.

What is the advantage of a box over a cantilever? I am too lazy to find the picture of stephen212's frame but it just a lot less metal, welds and unless you weigh 400 pounds you can't tell me that you need the added structure the box gives you. A 170 pound person is not going to deflect a 1' titanium tube to any noticeable degree so why the extra struts connecting the front to the camber ties?

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    What is the advantage of a box over a cantilever? I am too lazy to find the picture of stephen212's frame but it just a lot less metal, welds and unless you weigh 400 pounds you can't tell me that you need the added structure the box gives you. A 170 pound person is not going to deflect a 1' titanium tube to any noticeable degree so why the extra struts connecting the front to the camber ties?
    Tom, it's not about weight capacity -- it's about performance. I won't say it's a universal truth across all manufacturers, and it may seem completely counter-intuitive, but despite all of the additional tubing and welding, box frame chairs are more energy efficient and responsive than cantilever chairs. My busy-framed Halls chair is lighter than my ZR2, too -- certainly lighter-feeling (I haven't weighed them recently).

My 13-year-old son has begun to tool around in whichever chair I'm not currently using and has stated his preference for my Halls chair. The difference is obvious to him and he doesn't spend an iota of his time thinking about wheelchair design.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Tom, it's not about weight capacity -- it's about performance. I won't say it's a universal truth across all manufacturers, and it may seem completely counter-intuitive, but despite all of the additional tubing and welding, box frame chairs are more energy efficient and responsive than cantilever chairs. My busy-framed Halls chair is lighter than my ZR2, too -- certainly lighter-feeling (I haven't weighed them recently).

My 13-year-old son has begun to tool around in whichever chair I'm not currently using and has stated his preference for my Halls chair. The difference is obvious to him and he doesn't spend an iota of his time thinking about wheelchair design.
    I have never been in a box chair since rehab, when I was too new to know anything. I believe you, but it does seem counter-intuitive. For it to be more "energy efficient" assuming dump, fsh, rsh, back angle, etc are the same then the frame would be robbing energy by flexing when you push. By attaching the front frame to the rear axle setup that flex would be eliminated, but what is hard for me to wrap my head around that a titanium tube would flex significantly under the load from someone our size pushing it. Guess I need to try it and see.

Man I miss my old B. Hall chair. Gave it away as I always do when I get a new one but that was one I truly miss. One of the first true innovations of a ridgid chair other than the first clunky Quadra. No comparrison of course.