Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Oracing XTR

Great looking chair, will have to keep those brakes in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ABox View Post
    Just for the record, Mike Box did NOT "sell out".
    Was not meant in a negative way as he "SOLD OUT". But Colours out grew and thus the quality of the chairs they were producing went down. Now he's making quality chairs again that are personalized for each customer and some of the best out there from the ones I've seen.
    Most everything I say is

Fantastic chair, Toto

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    How do you like the profiled sideguards? I love this style because I can use them to sit on for extra-high transfers into ridiculous hotel beds when travelling. Also my new place has stacked washer/dryer for laundry with the controls at the top and when my hands are tired I can sit on the sideguard/tire to reach and operate the controls easier. I know you have alot more mobility than me, so what was the reason you switched sideguard shape?
    I use the sideguards exactly for the same as you, i sit on them for be higher for pick things.

But in reality i did them because with them you`ve got better sideguards with less weight, the profile tube weight very little, specially in this last version, but give the enough rigidity to the sideguard, i don`t know the thickness of CF that Oracing put on yours, but i just have 1mm of CF in my sideguards, so they are lighter than a any other CF sideguards of the market with all the hardware they need.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Was not meant in a negative way as he "SOLD OUT". But Colours out grew and thus the quality of the chairs they were producing went down. Now he's making quality chairs again that are personalized for each customer and some of the best out there from the ones I've seen.
    Are you getting a new chair?

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    That looks sweet. Have you weighed it? Are those brakes lighter than the standard tilite push to lock? I have them now and hate them and just emailed tilite for a price on the style you have.
    This brakes are far superior than any others i have tried.
    About the weight, i didn`t weighted yet, but the weight of my chair is not the really weight, because this is like a reinforced version i designed for me, and i didn`t think much in the weight of the frame, the std frame will weight around an ich less or more than mine.
    My L tubes are the same used in basket chairs, 1" OD but with the ID is the same used in basket and rugby chairs and the oval tube is the same tube that have in his rugby and basket chair, so as you can imaginate the strenght of this chair in reality is not necessary for a daily chair, i just make it for me without wondering about having an lbs more in my frame weight

Anyway is very light, very similar than my xtreme box, maybe a few grames more, but not sure yet, some day i will weight the two and see.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    quickie has those brakes, I have them on my Q7. I believe sci_otr used to purchase them from quickie to install on tilite chairs before tilite started carrying them.
    Are not exactly same as quickies, are very similar, but this looks stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    quickie has those brakes, I have them on my Q7. I believe sci_otr used to purchase them from quickie to install on tilite chairs before tilite started carrying them.
    Lin, my understanding is Tilite's "new" Composite Scissor lock is a supposedly-improved version of Quickie’s original, excellent Compact Wheel Lock – where BOTH lever handle and lock bar swing 90º out and aft in unison from forward rest to lock-abeam against the tire ... like yours.
    Last edited by nofuss; 07-24-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Are you getting a new chair?
    Well wife and I both have new jobs so both have new insurance so hopefully I can work em into purchasing me a new one. Not that mine is old or anything (2 years and rolling straight), but I've learned that any time you've got a chance to get one paid for by some one else to do it.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Well wife and I both have new jobs so both have new insurance so hopefully I can work em into purchasing me a new one. Not that mine is old or anything (2 years and rolling straight), but I've learned that any time you've got a chance to get one paid for by some one else to do it.
    amen. u will have zero issue. funny thing. we have cigna and they have paid for a zr2 and tr2 in 2.5 years. with of course new lx's and d's on both. its all in lmn. wrtite it yourself have doc sign it. ot's/pt's are morons, they spew the 5yr bullshit , in reality thats not the case. 2-3 yrs max is, imo, time for new ride. i wouldnt wear beatup shoes ande cloths to work so i dam sure wouldnt roll in a beat up chair.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by nofuss View Post
    Lin, my understanding is that Tilite's "new" Composite Scissor lock is an improved version of Quickie’s original, excellent, no-longer-made Ergo Scissor Wheel Lock – where BOTH lever handle and lock bar swing 90º out and aft in unison from forward rest to lock-abeam against the tire.

Quickie shows their 'New' Ergo Scissor lock handle and lock bar opposed when locked to tire, in open-scissor vs oldQ/newT always-closed scissor mode. The handle in unlocked mode appears a hard grab but I could be wrong. Anybody?
    mine look the same as the ones Toto pictured when he said to get some from tilite. They swing in and out in unison, the "opening" of the scissors is very small. They are not hard to grab at all. I'm not a quad, but I have peripheral nerve damage in my hands and no issues grabbing them. The only issue I run into is strength wise, but that was before I had a "duh" moment and realized I could adjust them.

open

closed
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.