Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Oracing XTR

The new Oracing XTR

Hi guys.

I was this week in Oracing factory with the new desing of the Oracing Xtreme Box, a lot of job with the engineer doing the plans of my concept, do something different in a full welded frame is not easy, some headaches have gave me triying to do something better than the xtreme box, but finally i did it, the best full welded wheelchair of the world, of course are lot of different tastes, and maybe you don`t like it, but something is sure is the best box frame never have been made.
    Sorry for the titanium lovers, well is the best aluminium wheelchair never have been made.

And when i say the best i`m not referring the lighest, because as more light more weak will be, so i wanted to do something better than the xtreme box, but without adding weight.

Seven types (two ovals) of different tubes are in the chair, you will see it soon, now i have to sand it well all the frame and give an anodized without colour,i`m just going to leave the frame with the aluminium colour because is better for save the chair of scrathes and i save around 100 grames in paint

I have to do CF for seat, sideguards, forks, casters, wheels, uphostery, etc.

When i have the spanish review ready i will post it, i will post probably a few pics of the frame before.

I have the name for your newest creation:
    Last edited by stephen212; 06-21-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    . . .the best aluminium wheelchair never have been made.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I have the name for your newest creation:
    Love the pic

. . . i save around 100 grames in paint
    I've never thought of saving weight that way . . . LOL
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

PICS!!! I wanna see this badboy taking shape!
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuprSi View Post
    PICS!!! I wanna see this badboy taking shape!
    Sorry but i can`t at the moment, i just have a frame that i will be all day sanding it and i have to do cf and assembly everything.

I forgot to told to the engineer to sent to my email all the 3D cad drawings, and now all Oracing team are in Germany in Schimicking factory because they are going to work togother, are parthers now.
    So until monday i will not have the cads, i will post the cads once i`ve got them.

At the moment i`m just going to show you this
    Chair have 5 diferent round tubes, incluide the fork stem barrel.
    1 oval tube, that for you can make an idea is the same oval tube that Tooley have in his rugby chair, that tube is indistrutible, i will show you a pic with a car on the tube.
    And 1 elliptical tube that is the one showed in this pic.

I remember one time when Jeff Adams told, all wheelchairs are the same, all cantilever frame just look all the same, just two bend L tubes, 4 wheels, for someone who dosen`t understand about wheelchairs all are the same, and he was true, well look the same but aren`t, the difference are in the quality.
    He told: in my wheelchair we even don`t need to put our name, because everybody who see it will now is an Icon, because there is nothing similar in the market, and i liked that, something different.
    That was me starting thinking in do something different, and i start with the xtreme box, that wasn`t much really different than others box frames, just a bit, but this time i get it.
    Well, this full welded chair is the "same than their Icon or Marvel", nothing similar in the market, a new concept of box frame that when you see it, you will think: that`s an Oracing XTR, you will understand it when you will see the whole frame.
    But for people that like superminimalist wheelchairs just with two tubes and a camber tube stay with cantilevers, because this wheelchair is not for normal people, this chair have my personality, so...., stay away from it, could bite you

I will post the CADs soon.
    Last edited by totoL1; 06-22-2012 at 04:09 AM.

Sorry but i can`t at the moment, i just have a frame that i will be all day sanding it and i have to do cf and assembly everything.

I forgot to told to the engineer to sent to my email all the 3D cad drawings, and now all Oracing team are in Germany in Schimicking factory because they are going to work togother, are parthers now.
    So until monday i will not have the cads, i will post the cads once i`ve got them.

At the moment i`m just going to show you this
    Chair have 5 diferent round tubes, incluide the fork stem barrel.
    1 oval tube, that for you can make an idea is the same oval tube that Tooley have in his rugby chair, that tube is indistrutible, i will show you a pic with a car on the tube.
    And 1 elliptical tube that is the one showed in this pic.

I remember one time when Jeff Adams told, all wheelchairs are the same, all cantilever frame just look all the same, just two bend L tubes, 4 wheels, for someone who dosen`t understand about wheelchairs all are the same, and he was true, well look the same but aren`t, the difference are in the quality.
    He told: in my wheelchair we even don`t need to put our name, because everybody who see it will now is an Icon, because there is nothing similar in the market, and i liked that, something different.
    That was me starting thinking in do something different, and i start with the xtreme box, that wasn`t much really different than others box frames, just a bit, but this time i get it.
    Well, this full welded chair is the "same than their Icon or Marvel", nothing similar in the market, a new concept of box frame that when you see it, you will think: that`s an Oracing XTR, you will understand it when you will see the whole frame.
    But for people that like superminimalist wheelchairs just with two tubes and a camber tube stay with cantilevers, because this wheelchair is not for normal people, this chair have my personality, so...., stay away from it, could bite you

I will post the CADs soon.
    I want more picsssssssssssss
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

This thread is worthless without pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

That's a pretty weld. Are you grinding those smooth or leaving as is?

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    This thread is worthless without pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey!!!, Grommet was speaking about his Icon without pics for monthes, and you didn`t tell him nothing so why i can`t do the same for just a few days, i promise you i will keep mine.

Anyway i don`t have good pics, i just have a frame and a lot of pieces in my garage, the chair is not assembly, tomorrow i will start with the cf seat and sideguards, this time i`m not going to put any special options about adapting wheels, this time i want the protagonist is the frame, so it dosen`t need ....

I`m just going to put std forks, softroll casters and i was going for 5" and they didn`t have in stock black aluminium hub, so i will go with the plastic version and i will buy the aluminium in a future, Spinergys spox sport and of course cf because i made it.

Because is for you i will post a pic, but don`t ask me for more lol, i hope you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by lazierdog View Post
    That's a pretty weld. Are you grinding those smooth or leaving as is?
    Yes, i have gave to the frame with steel wool for leave it a bit smoother, but i`m not going to polish it.
    Last edited by totoL1; 06-22-2012 at 04:21 PM.