Thread: Project: Vision Record

Project: Vision Record

Hey Guys and Gals,

I was just gifted a E&J Vision record. I intend to use it as a offroad, trail, ect. chair. I cleaned it, and lubed it up and adjusted it a lil. I wish I had taken a picture of what it looked like before I cleaned it up. I found info that one of the models had suspension, i am looking for pictures or information, Any help is greatly appreciated. Here is a pic with 24" kenda nevegal knobby tires mounted on spinergy wires.
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 06-22-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    "You don't have to stop hiking, maybe just change a few trails"... advise from KM my T.R.

The suspension model is called the Reactor. If I get a chance, I'll post a pic of mine if nobody else does. BTW, mine has knobbies on it too, for snowy days.

Here's a link to a small pic.

http://www.medwow.com/med/manual-whe...537.model-spec

The only difference is in the rear end, I think. My "suspension" (elastomer shock) wore away to the point where you could just peel it off. I ended up just sticking a spring in there.

The stock E&J Barracuda also has the elastomers. I recently mounted an Fox air shock to my Barracuda. Great offroad chair.

Here you go. It's a little dirty from sitting in the garage and I put the regular wheels back on for the summer. It's basically my backup.

Thanks so much for the pics.
    Junkyard: can u post a pic of how you mounted the shock? and what type did you use.
    You guys are always so helpful thank you all very much. I will keep posting as the project unfolds.
    "You don't have to stop hiking, maybe just change a few trails"... advise from KM my T.R.

OK so i have been playing around in the yard and I like the way the chair performs, not bad at all for an old chair. My next question is camber, my chair is set at zero and i would like it to be three or six degrees. It has anti tip bars that can be removed leaving a little room for a spacer to be inserted. Junkyard it looks like your chair has some camber. is the camber set by the axle housing or is it just a wedge or spacer to set the angle? I have some wedges from a skateboard that i could modify to fit under the axle plate thus achieving some camber. any help is greatly appreciated.
    thinking about making it lime green with low tack duct tape... maybe camo.

Bobo

The camber is set with the axle carrier housing. I believe E&J made 0,3,6 degree sets. My chair has 3.