Thread: Tilite TR frog leg option in Sportaid

Tilite TR frog leg option in Sportaid

My friends want to order TR from sportaid, somehow we find out there is only one option for frog leg-----suspension frog leg, why is it so?

I always thought TR has other frog leg option beside suspension frog leg, like other order form
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

My experience is that Sportaid's customer service is really good on the phone. What question would you like to ask? I will call them for you if it's hard for you to call from KL.

I do think FL only make one suspension fork for manual chairs - they have different inserts for different user weights. If that's your conern, maybe you could note the user's weight range in the Comments section of Sportaid's TR order form.

From FL's website at "Click Here to continue your order":
    Attachment 45398
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    My experience is that Sportaid's customer service is really good on the phone. What question would you like to ask? I will call them for you if it's hard for you to call from KL.

I do think FL only make one suspension fork for manual chairs - they have different inserts for different user weights. If that's your conern, maybe you could note the user's weight range in the Comments section of Sportaid's TR order form.

From FL's website at "Click Here to continue your order":
    Attachment 45398
    Thanks Char, my friend want a normal frog leg, but there is only suspension frog leg in the option.

do you mean he wants a frogslegs unitine fork? those have no suspension, but are not on the order form. they are available through sportaid, and frogslegs recentrly told me the option marked for a tilite zr is correct for a tr. or if your friend just wants a normal fork, he can opt for the standard, which has no charge.

(it may help your friend to print out the order form from tilite.com - the forms are only on the usa part. there are detailed instructions for making each measurement, and many are specially relevant to tilite. then it is unlikely he will order something incorrectly. he can then send the form directly to sportaid.)

Sowseng, TiLite offers their own mono fork (Slip Stream) on their ZR2, ZRA2, and Twist (not yet on the TR - but maybe according to amyk). FL Unitine is in direct competition with TiLite's Slip Stream; therefore, I doubt if FL Unitine will ever appear on any TiLite order form.

But Sportaid sells both TiLite and FL products, so just order a standard TiLite fork (default on the TR) AND FL Unitines from Sportaid, and swap them out when you have them.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Sowseng, TiLite offers their own mono fork (Slip Stream) on their ZR2, ZRA2, and Twist (not yet? on the TR). FL Unitine is in direct competition with TiLite's Slip Stream; therefore, I doubt if FL Unitine will ever appear on any TiLite order form.

But Sportaid sells both TiLite and FL products, so just order a NCO TiLite fork AND FL from Sportaid, and swap them out when you have them.
    At the suggestion of another CareCure member, I talked to Scott at Bike-on---I am getting the best deal on FL I have seen anywhere . Plus, knowledgeable service and answers.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

You can get the Frog Legs 1.4 inch softroll with the Ti-Lite slipstream fork now. It is comparable to the FL unitine fork.

Thanks for everybody's info.