Thread: Hello everyone.

Hello everyone.

I'm Marie and I'm from Alabama. I'm new here and just entering into a relationship with a man who is a c5 quad. He referred me to this site and I could really use some other female friends to talk to. I'm totally lost.

Hello Marie how are you

Hello Elizabeth. I'm doing well. Just a bit lost and have so many questions and concerns. How are you?

im good im in alabama also how can i help?

Where to begin? I just spent the weekend with my boyfriend and saw for the first time the level of care he needs. I want to be able to do it but don't know if I can. I guess you can say I'm scared I won't be able to handle everything.

It's going to take some getting use to im sure. I have been in a wheelchair for most of my life. what are you having trouble with ? All of it? Just some parts? how long have you been dating

We've just started talking a few months ago and just now started seeing each other regularly. I always knew the type of care he needed but seeing it and trying to do it is another thing. We have not been sexual at this point but that is another concern of mine. He's very open and honest and I can usually ask him anything but I guess I just need someone else to talk to that is in the same shoes as I am. I love how open and honest he is and he's been very helpful but need someone who is on the same side of the coin as me.

ok i understand im on his side of the coin i guess but im sure you can find someone here to help you good luck it shows how much you care about him being on this site....

Blog Entries
    You might try reading and posting to the Caregiving forum and asking for help there. My wife could talk with you about living with a cripple, but I do all of my care by myself, so it will probably not much help your main problem.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Does he even want a caregiver or maybe he just wants a girlfriend. There is a big difference. I am assuming if he needs a caregiver he has one already. I wouldn't assume he wants you involved in his care in any way, I certainly wouldn't in the beginning of a relationship.