Thread: Therapy for spinal injury depends on injuries incurred

Therapy for spinal injury depends on injuries incurred

good questions, I wish it was yes to anyone of them.

Therapy for spinal injury depends on injuries incurred
    Added At: 2012-06-18 10:20 PM

Last Updated At: 2012-06-19 11:04 PM

The Himalayan Times - Saved Articles(s)

quote:

DR RANJEET BARAL

Isn’t there any remedy for paralysis due to spinal injury? Is there any remedy in Nepal or any foreign country? Can it be completely cured? Can a paralysed person walk or recover? Are there any guaranteed therapies? I would be grateful to know from you. — R

read article:

http://thehimalayantimes.com/rssRefe...&NewsID=336481

Manouli we have spent hours on this forum , We;ve spent hours taking Wise's answeres to our questions. We might be clser to a therapy, but it is a LONG WAY OFF. all the news for therapies with stem cells for other condition is escalating an d will make huge differences in lives to come. spinal injuries are far, very far in the future. Wise's trials are only begining, and already planning trials on animals for next generation of therapies. Wise has said that he expected something in the near future for first generation of successful therapies. I think that everybody has to be honest with others and ourselves. Manouli, you have posted day in and day out for years and have been a valuable contributer to our forum. We need to accept the timeframe that isn't yet been defined to all of us. the Miami project ,CDRM of California, and the Reeve foundation have millions to spend on research and none have anything to show for a viable therapy at this time. spinal cord is dificult and expensive. Rats will continue to be cured. Our fate is to be vigilant for the future acutes and the younger chronics .

anthony

Manouli read this; http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/71291...-cell-research years and years away for these things let alone spinal injures.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Manouli read this; http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/71291...-cell-research years and years away for these things let alone spinal injures.
    hi anthony, I truly believe that we are going to have again movement you and I, and everybody else here no matter how old we are. Don't forget we have the technology and doctors know now that is possible to cure spinal cord injury. We have human clinical trials that we never have before and seems so far is safe, stem cells most likely will cure everything. Things are moving fast now. I am 59 years old and I still have my high heels because I'll dance the tango again. The questions in this article are yes or no answers and no doctor will answer to the yes or no questions, you know the reasons. anthony if we believe there will be no cure in our life time then why are we stay at this site? We stay because we believe it will happen. Keep up your good work that you are doing and you and I will do the tango.

tryly yours,
    friend manouli.

Quote Originally Posted by manouli View Post
    hi anthony, I truly believe that we are going to have again movement you and I, and everybody else here no matter how old we are. Don't forget we have the technology and doctors know now that is possible to cure spinal cord injury. We have human clinical trials that we never have before and seems so far is safe, stem cells most likely will cure everything. Things are moving fast now. I am 59 years old and I still have my high heels because I'll dance the tango again. The questions in this article are yes or no answers and no doctor will answer to the yes or no questions, you know the reasons. anthony if we believe there will be no cure in our life time then why are we stay at this site? We stay because we believe it will happen. Keep up your good work that you are doing and you and I will do the tango.

tryly yours,
    friend manouli.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

manouli, Chairman Mao's said: Nothing in the world is difficult, as long as the man who will try. i like the famous words.

Thanks Manouli, I sure hope you are right. We need some bonafide news soon. let's hope together.

anthony

I was always more of a waltz or swing guy...up for that in a few years Manouli?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    I was always more of a waltz or swing guy...up for that in a few years Manouli?
    lolol I thought tango is a slow dance and your partner is holding you. Just in case I fall. Then I can move to the next level, waltz then swing.

What about shaggin? Anybody from the eastern part on the carolinas like to shag? A little beach music from Chairman of the board, one of the best RIP General Johnson.