Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lyrica for hip pain.

Lyrica for hip pain.

i went to my doctor today and told him all about my dislocated hip causing my AD and me to drip with sweat so he gave me lyrica to try out. does anyone have any experience or advice with this med i really hope it works.

Ty12, I believe a number of cc members have had problems with Lyrica. An inquiry was made a few days ago. It is dangerous. It can increase pain and the side effects can cause suicidal depression. Pay attention to the ads. They include a warning.
    Finbar

Wow thanks for the warning. I'm just on 25mg just took my first pill today I hope those side effects don't happen. Any other suggestions for a med to help cut my sweating from AD?

lyrica is similar in action to gabapentin but can have less side effects. I prescribe lyrica for my patients when gabapentin and venlafaxine combination doesn't work for nerve pain. as with all medications get the action and side effects, everyone is different in their response.

pbr

Lyrica worked really well for me to help peripheral nerve pain and I noticed a decrease in muscular pain as well. Neurontin was of no help.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

How many mg do you take of Lyrica?

Ty12, Obviously, if lyrica did not help a lot of people it would not be used. The SCI nurse is obviously right when she says everyone is different in their response. I seem to recall a figure of 5% who suffered severe side effects. We were among them. Just be careful-especially if an increase in dosage is recommended. Getting off can be difficult.
    Good luck.
    Finbar

I don't take it any longer, no particular reason. I just switched Drs due to a move and the new Dr wasn't very familiar with Lyrica (gp, and previously my neuro had written it) so I went off it. I was taking 150 mg 3x a day. I never had any issues. I've also tried venlafaxine which I hated. I swear all I had to do was be late for a dose and I got brain shocks. When I stopped taking it the withdrawal was horrible. Odd thing is I never had withdrawal coming off cymbalta which is very similar to venlafaxine. But then neurontin is similar to lyrica, and neurontin never did anything for me while I really liked lyrica. I may ask to go back on it at some point, I'm on opiods but at times still have overwhelming nerve pain.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

lyrica dosing starts out as 50 mg twice daily ( I am recalling this from memory)

pbr

Thanks for all the replies! I'm not even sure it will help get rid of my AD and sweating. But so far the Lyrica has not done anything.