Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My husband is a pig

My husband is a pig

It did not matter so much whem I was healthy. But now there are places I cannot reach. one of these is my sons bathroom.
    We have been showing the house to rent it . everybody loved the house but made a comment if we would professionally clean it. I was puzzled because we had a maid twice a week, and my husband said "she is cleaning the inaccessible places".
    Today I made a big effort to inspect as we have another showing tomorrow. I managed to look at my sons bathroom, and...I broke into tears. It has not been cleaned In 2 years. Not one spot on the commode or sink was white. the floor reeked of urine. the bathtub was undescribable. the towel racks hung loose. The mirror was a nightmare.
    My husband said...what is the big deal?

that is awful. I feel for you. Can imagine you must have wanted to blow a gasket...I wonder why the maid didn't bother...maybe time for a new maid!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

WHAT?! so disgusting! i hope this can get cleaned before the house showing!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I always worry about out little bathroom, I can't get in it, but I know my daughter would freak out when she comes home from college if it were that bad! (She has been known to grumble, and clean it before she takes a shower tho .....)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

---------------

Post edited. I did not know the details.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 06-17-2012 at 02:34 AM.

My son has developmental disabilities
    I am still in tears...Mentally I turned a corner. I can't take this degree of pigness any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cripply View Post
    My son has developmental disabilities
    I am still in tears...Mentally I turned a corner. I can't take this degree of pigness any more.
    Sorry, I did not know.

GJ

Your husband did say...what is the big deal?
    Hold your horses maybe he intends to clean it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    Your husband did say...what is the big deal?
    Hold your horses maybe he intends to clean it himself.
    I'm surprised your husband showed the house and even more surprised that your realtor hasn't reported the condition to you.
    Daniel

I don't know what it is with some guys when it comes to the cleaning......my husband has been great the past several years.....helping me with many things, including cooking and doing dishes. But when it comes to the bathroom....not so much. I've had a hard time trying to figure out how to do things myself, and I can't do things right or as often as I would like. I remember when I was finally able to get close enough to the stove after my first surgery, and just about flipped out! So after the second surgery and being in the hospital for two months.......I more than dreaded my first looks at the bathroom and stove! We can't afford a maid, but if I had one, I would fully expect to have ALL rooms clean! And everything in it! I realize just two days a week isn't much time to clean a whole house, but I think I would have the maid do a different room/s everytime they were there and have them done completely!