Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My husband is a pig

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    I think your going too much bonkers over a very small bathroom that was left dirty.
    your husband did say it was not a problem so he should clean it
    My brother once rented out a flat to students who later smashed up the who place and refused to pay the damage. Any way it is fathers day today so give your hubby a nag break
    Nope. No nag breaks!
    This ain't stopping until the bathroom is pristine. I just sent him to home depot to buy a new shower head and vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cripply View Post
    A whole conspiracy emerged re: maid. My h works from home while I work FT out. Turns out the maid had been insisting to him that she needed "more hours". Since it is only 3 of us at home, he refused. I now think she left this dirty thing to send " a message". Little did she know my husband was blind to her little manipulative messages!!!
    Lesson learned: our homes need to be FULLY accessible. Lesson two: never marry without living together first.
    I am NOT insinuating anything here, oh heck who am I kidding....yes I am. Why wouldn't your husband do a walk through before he paid her and she left? Did you ever ask him about this??
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    I am NOT insinuating anything here, oh heck who am I kidding....yes I am. Why wouldn't your husband do a walk through before he paid her and she left? Did you ever ask him about this??
    Because he is HOPELESS. Housekeping simply does not exist for him, inside or outside (don't get me started with the yards).
    Oh she is in her 50s and really unattractive.

I understand completely, I have spent the last month in the hospital and lost my leg due to infection but what really made me sad was the shape of my house when I got home last week. My husband and children truly thought it was good, Which makes me angrier that they obviously didnt notice how clean it was before I was in the hospital! So I totally get your stress and anger.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    Thought the same as your initial thoughts hmmm
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

I have to say that especially considering your son's situation, your husband was irresponsible and neglectful. I do not know how involved your son is, but this does not set a good example for him. It sounds like some family counseling might be worth considering.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    I think your going too much bonkers over a very small bathroom that was left dirty.
    your husband did say it was not a problem so he should clean it
    My brother once rented out a flat to students who later smashed up the who place and refused to pay the damage. Any way it is fathers day today so give your hubby a nag break

peter-reread the original post.
    They are paying a maid.
    They are showing the place to renters.
    Cripply may feel embarrassed about strangers seeing the disgusting bathroom.
    She wrote you could not even see the white-I imagine piss and shit splatters. Scummy shower.
    It may have been something that reminded her of the things she can't do anymore. I think you know what that feels like and how feelings spring up when least expected.
    I hardly think she needs to be called "bonkers" for venting here.

Aha Linda long time no see
    Okay yes one of the biggest turn offs in renting a house is seeing a dirty bathroom but
    Oh God how i wish a dirty bathroom was one of my big problems.

I know how you feel about some people just being blind to housekeeping needs. I left a bag where my son dropped it in my dining room last February. I just picked it up last week and under it I found a forgotten paycheck from February. He lost it and didn't notice. I had to pick up the bag since I could not stand it anymore.

He will drop his socks and underwear in the bathroom and not pick them up for a couple of weeks. I refuse to say anything anymore, just find it amazing and lazy. I think that if a person does not pay attention to the little things in life (like housekeeping) they are not paying attention to the larger things in life and ignore them too hoping they will just go away.

I had to get the older one to take out the garbage for me and when he kept putting it off I placed newspapers all over his bed and dumped the trash onto the newspapers. He had to clean it off and take it out before he could go to bed. He never forgot or procrastinated again. Pretty dramatic to be sure, but lessons are hard to learn sometimes.

When something like housekeeping is important to one spouse and the other knows this and then ignores it, then it is disrespecting the other spouse.

PS I am really offended by the "nag" comment. It is important to her that her son gets good care in her house and having a filthy bathroom is not a sign of good care.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

My son actually developed a skin rash. I do feel that the filthy shower contributed. There was so much mildew. Thanks to those who understand.
    Okay, the bathroom is perfect now. I had to replace the shower head, vent, drain and toilet seat. I sprayed with Lime away the appliances several times, and painted the inside of the drawers white. Washed the curtains and window and blinds...sprayed and wiped the electric switches, moped the floor twice. Now with the window open, and an aromatic candle...
    It looks like it should have looked all this time.