Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My husband is a pig

Quote Originally Posted by dan_nc View Post
    I'm surprised your husband showed the house and even more surprised that your realtor hasn't reported the condition to you.

Yep...she has a maid and the realtor. Seems like something is amiss.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    Yep...she has a maid and the realtor. Seems like something is amiss.
    The realtor has been dealing with my husband only. And the maid...I am speechless. This is a small bathroom inside of a bedroom. The houses other 3 larger baths are immaculate.
    Yes something is VERY amiss.
    I left bleach and soap working overnight and my husband is scrubbing all contrite. But I am still pissed and hurt.

Oh and the maid has been FIRED one week early...She was going to work until we moved...Not any more. She used her knowledge that my hubby is hopeless around the house to slack.
    Truly, my husband seems to have an inability to even SEE dirt. He simply does not bother, at all. no matter how gross.

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    I always worry about out little bathroom, I can't get in it, but I know my daughter would freak out when she comes home from college if it were that bad! (She has been known to grumble, and clean it before she takes a shower tho .....)
    Who cleans it? Yes I was worried about this bath but my h reassured me that the maid cleaned "all the bathrooms". maybe time to do an inspection, sjean!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cripply View Post
    Oh and the maid has been FIRED one week early...She was going to work until we moved...Not any more. She used her knowledge that my hubby is hopeless around the house to slack.
    Truly, my husband seems to have an inability to even SEE dirt. He simply does not bother, at all. no matter how gross.
    Good for you! Amazing what we don't find out and see in the "romantic stage" of relationships huh? makes ya wonder if we are ever really supposed to exist outside of it lol!
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 06-17-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Were you there when the maid was there? Many reasons roll into my head when I ask this question.......
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cripply View Post
    Who cleans it? Yes I was worried about this bath but my h reassured me that the maid cleaned "all the bathrooms". maybe time to do an inspection, sjean!!!
    He does. Like I said, when my daughter visits, she uses it, so I figure we are clear.

He is actually ok on bathrooms, tolerates them slightly dirtier than I do, but not too bad. What makes me nuts is the vacuuming .... he thinks once a month is plenty. I can do it, but it takes me so much longer, and I can't move furniture. So I depend on him to do a lot of it.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Is there any remote chance the maid didn't know the bathroom was there? Or did your son tell her to stay out of his room? Where she did the rest of the house well?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I think your going too much bonkers over a very small bathroom that was left dirty.
    your husband did say it was not a problem so he should clean it
    My brother once rented out a flat to students who later smashed up the who place and refused to pay the damage. Any way it is fathers day today so give your hubby a nag break

A whole conspiracy emerged re: maid. My h works from home while I work FT out. Turns out the maid had been insisting to him that she needed "more hours". Since it is only 3 of us at home, he refused. I now think she left this dirty thing to send " a message". Little did she know my husband was blind to her little manipulative messages!!!
    Lesson learned: our homes need to be FULLY accessible. Lesson two: never marry without living together first.