Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: New Bowel Evacuation Device (ad)

For Sale: New Bowel Evacuation Device (ad)

please visit paraflush.com This device was created to make your bowel program quick and easy. 1-5 minutes and clean!!

How does it work? I'm not finding the info on the site.

I am very suspect of this device. From the apparatus that is shown on the website, it looks like it may be a lot like a Peristeen device that is not yet approved for use in the US by the FDA. I think the disclaimer, "This device is to be used at your own risk. Erik Fugunt and ParaflushTM is in no way liable for any damages that may occur from either use or installation you should always consult a physician before using this device," speaks volumes.

A device like this probably needs FDA approval too. But, sold on the internet, as it is presented here, it is flying under the radar screen of regulation.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 06-16-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Took a look at the photo of the device, but it needs some more explanation. Don't worry about getting too graphic, we are all pretty much used to talking about assholes and poop. What does the hose attach to? How do you regulate the temperature? How do you know when to stop?
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

This reminds me of the people with SCI I met in Brazil who were using a hand held shower wand to evacuate their bowels.

It is quite different from the Peristeen, which has extensive scientific safety and efficacy research and is nearing FDA approval.

I am very dubious that this has FDA approval or is in any way supported by research as to its safety or efficacy. Delivering water to the bowel under pressure can cause significant AD (I have seen this with the PIEE) and if the pressure is sufficiently high, risk damage or even rupture of the bowel, which could cause very serious health problems.

In addition, the post here appears to be a veiled advertisement for this product, so I am moving it to Equipment and Supplies forum, but keeping an eye on it for any additional inappropriate advertising posts.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    Took a look at the photo of the device, but it needs some more explanation. Don't worry about getting too graphic, we are all pretty much used to talking about assholes and poop. What does the hose attach to? How do you regulate the temperature? How do you know when to stop?
    To hell with the temp..wheres the pressure regulator?

..You too can make a para flush! just get some braided tubing, an air compressor nozzle, some clear tubing, and a couple heavy duty brass connectors! hook it up to your faucet and go to town (Hospital)!
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

Talk to your doctor first.

I'm a C5-6 since 1984

Okay, I've been using a product called Shur Shot for months. I was contemplating getting the bag put on until I thought of this. I use a suppository first, I sit there for about 15 minutes on the toilet and go a little, then I get in the shower, screw the thin probe where the shower wand is, turn the water on slow, slide it in my butt, count to twenty, take it out and lean forward and push (explosion!!!). Yes the shower floor gets messy but I wash it down. I do this about 4-5 times. (keep your stool soft for good results)

There are other brands. I liked this one because it is stainless steel. Cost me $20.00 Search ebay and the net for all different kinds.

Scary
    Standing up for our rights, one offender at a time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH59mpTo5x8

Follow me on instagram: mikeinbmore

Attaches to toilet for a gentle stream into the anus. Have had one accident since injury. No temp regulation, its the temp of your household water. Pressure restricter built in for gentle water flow. Cleans out your colon to eliminate dig stim. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinbmore View Post

Scary
    It does look scary. Like others mentioned - how do you know when to stop?