Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Depression and suicide lines........

  1. #21
    I put it down to shear boredom
    once i'm working, lecturing, arguing or up to my neck in a build project
    Don't have time to get depressed or even think i'm chair bound
    1 year 6 months post
    BTW Jenny i am not judgemental but explosive and emotional
    in saying so you are being judgemental yourself

  2. #22
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    BTW Jenny i am not judgemental but explosive and emotional
    in saying so you are being judgemental yourself
    Let's not try to ruin gary's thread with your PM BS mmm kay? no response required
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  3. #23
    Senior Member garyv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Port St Lucie,Florida
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    I put it down to shear boredom
    once i'm working, lecturing, arguing or up to my neck in a build project
    Don't have time to get depressed or even think i'm chair bound
    1 year 6 months post
    BTW Jenny i am not judgemental but explosive and emotional
    in saying so you are being judgemental yourself
    Peter I appreciate your comment and I dont know your injury, BUT wait 30 more years to be in a lot of other peoples shoes when you are unable to work full time because of pain and I aggree to a small point that boredom could be a small factor but just wait until you are not able to concentrate on your work because the pain is so bad that it makes it unbearable to get out of bed in the morning.
    Also I dont know your financial position either but mine is to try living with a small SS check and pay 2 mortgages and pay meds and co pays for the constant pain clinic visits..

    I believe that the term " dont judge until you have walked in someone elses shoes" might apply in this case. You have 30 years of walking in my shoes left.

    There are hundreds of people if not more in the same or even worse position that I am in that are happy that you are able to work your schedule and seems like your first post here was to put yourself in the ""Super Gimp"" column..

    I am glad that you are able to work and keep busy but I just hope that if the day comes , and I have to think that it will, not wishing it on you , that you will be able to get the support here that I have got ..
    The people here I believe in the last 3 days have saved my life and I applaud them for their support...

    Gary
    Last edited by garyv; 06-17-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    T-10 ,,1980,,

  4. #24
    Senior Member garyv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Port St Lucie,Florida
    Posts
    416
    And also Peter I have not read a single post here of ANYONE being judgmental other than you..


    Gary
    Last edited by garyv; 06-17-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    T-10 ,,1980,,

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,864
    Quote Originally Posted by garyv View Post
    Peter I appreciate your comment and I dont know your injury, BUT wait 30 more years to be in a lot of other peoples shoes when you are unable to work full time because of pain and I aggree to a small point that boredom could be a small factor but just wait until you are not able to concentrate on your work because the pain is so bad that it makes it unbearable to get out of bed in the morning.
    Also I dont know your financial position either but mine is to try living with a small SS check and pay 2 mortgages and pay meds and co pays for the constant pain clinic visits..

    I believe that the term " dont judge until you have walked in someone elses shoes" might apply in this case. You have 30 years of walking in my shoes left.

    There are hundreds of people if not more in the same or even worse position that I am in that are happy that you are able to work your schedule and seems like your first post here was to put yourself in the ""Super Gimp"" column..

    I am glad that you are able to work and keep busy but I just hope that if the day comes , and I have to think that it will, not wishing it on you , that you will be able to get the support here that I have got ..
    The people here I believe in the last 3 days have saved my life and I applaud them for their support...

    Gary
    very eloquently said. i feel work is just a distraction to pain/depression, it doesn't mask that it is there and unfortunately putting on the mask that you're ok will land you in trouble as most ppl will say "well you dont LOOK like you're suffering" one can work all they want to but the depression/pain are always there, nagging at you and pulling you into the abyss. so telling gary he just needs to work/keep busy is just rude. he was brave and asked for help because he needed it. no shame in that!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

  6. #26
    Senior Member garyv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Port St Lucie,Florida
    Posts
    416
    Thanks for backing me on my comment about Peter, Cryptic .

    And I do work as much as possible but work has been slow and the custom work I do comes and goes like every other type of work.
    It just happens that the majority of work I do is for a Yacht that is out of dock for 8 months a year unless I get an emergency call for a broken part that needs to be made.

    Here is a link to the boat that I am doing parts for now:
    http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=311008300

    I weld , do cad programming and CNC router work but when the works not here I cant do it.

    Gary
    T-10 ,,1980,,

  7. #27
    Senior Member garyv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Port St Lucie,Florida
    Posts
    416
    Here are pictures of some of the work I have done if interested
    Attachment 45362

    I made the step that says Aleghi on it and also made the bracket and hand post for the skiff (the stainless bracket and post )

    Sorry I only found the one I think most are on my work computer in the garage,
    Gary
    T-10 ,,1980,,

  8. #28
    Beautiful work, Gary...streamlined, clean, elegant.

  9. #29
    Senior Member garyv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Port St Lucie,Florida
    Posts
    416
    Thank you Bonnette.
    Also my avitar for my name I. Made in wood for my boat.
    The name Z-Best 1 is my Fathers name on a checkers website he used before he passed. Away.
    T-10 ,,1980,,

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by garyv View Post
    Thank you Bonnette.
    Also my avitar for my name I. Made in wood for my boat.
    The name Z-Best 1 is my Fathers name on a checkers website he used before he passed. Away.
    That is great to know, Gary - I'd admired the design, but didn't realize what it meant until now. A beautiful tribute to your father!

Similar Threads

  1. Tan Lines
    By garlin in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 11:39 PM
  2. Cruise Lines ????
    By Geoffrey in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 09:30 PM
  3. Cell Lines, Moral Lines
    By MrSoul in forum Cure
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 11:41 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 11:47 AM
  5. cell lines
    By giambjj in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •