Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: How will I know when it is time to put Mother in a "Facility"?

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Another thing we can do is take time to visit people in NH.

My grandma was in a nursing home when my children were small. We would visit her, and she would love to show of her great grandchildren to to other patients. They always loved seeing the children.

And when they were in scouts, we would often go to sing christmas carols, or some other holiday activity.

If the patients didn't have young relatives or friends of their own, it would often be the only time they saw children anymore.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

One cool part about my son growing up around disability with Chad is that he is not the least bit put off by wheelchairs and older people at nursing homes. He is the darling of the show when we go there, its never clear who is more beloved - the dog or him! Agree sjean!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Dear t8burst,

Goodness I never noticed the advocacy forum. How very kind of you to take the time to draw my attention to it.

in home care vs nursing homes

While, much of this is the opinion of an individual, I will say that I think in home care is a good choice if the daily needs of the patient are lower. Once intensive care is required, accessibility for people with mobility problems and the ability to get caregivers or equipment to the home can become a very real issue.
    I tend to look at is as : daily care works with in home care while moment to moment care is often provided more readily in a nursing home.

Sorry I didn't want to get off topic from the OP.
    Last edited by faith9778; 08-02-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faith9778 View Post
    This caught my attention in your thread. Very well said.
    Stay out of this thread with your own agenda! What you have to say here has NOTHING to do with the thread topic.

Sorry I was mistaken by who began this thread. I don't want to derail it with an off topic comment.
    Last edited by faith9778; 08-02-2012 at 06:32 PM.

To be clear, faith9778 cherry-picked one of elizabeth422's sentences completely out of context and made a snide remark about it. Then deleted her snide remark. As per her modus operandi. What a whack job.

Faith9778, don't post and then edit.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Dr Young is the only one who can make ban decisions based on this.I would suggest instead that everyone use the "quote" function liberally in answering any of Faith's posts. That way you have a copy of what you responded to in your post, which she cannot edit out.(KLD)