Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My book has been published!!!

My book has been published!!!

Hello Everyone!

I’m coming up on 5 years since my accident on August 8th. A lot has happened since I came in for a landing in this chair, both good and bad… (more good One of my proudest accomplishments during this time aside from repeatedly proving the doctors wrong is that I have written a book about my accident & my recovery so far. If my wife Keleigh & I would have had a book like mine back in the beginning when I was in the hospital (& even after I got out) it probably would have made a world of difference. If it gives a little light or hope to even just one person who is newly injured or feeling "lost" like we were then it's more than worth the effort. Especially a parent who's scared to death wondering how their relationship with their kids is going to change post injury. These are the main reasons I wrote it. Anyhoo, it’s titled ACROSS THE STREET FROM HELL. I have had it published through Amazon & it’s available to order now through my E-store, Amazon & Amazon Europe, so I’m shamelessly plugging it wherever I can… Anyone or anyone whose family has been affected by Spinal Cord Injury it’s a good read if I may say so myself…

Cheers to all my S.C.I. friends across the planet & Thanx In Advance for your support!!

Here’s the link: http://acrossthestreetfromhell.blogspot.com/

Mark H
    Hornedquad@yahoo.com

coool!!!!!! man, once i get a paycheck can i get a signed copy?
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Congrats! Such wonderful and inspiring news. I am the parent of a teenager with SCI. Like you and your family, I want to change those first scary days after SCI for those who come behind us. I never want another mom to feel the way I did, lost, frightened and so confused. I havent written a book but I am creating change in other ways. Together we will make this better. Great job!!!

sharon you should totally write a book. maybe proceeds could go to raise awareness/money for the disease robbie has? so many rare diseases get ignored!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I want one..signed...That's kind of my thing now. I still need Kate to sign my copy of her book.
    1FineSpineRN

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Fine Spine RN View Post
    I want one..signed...That's kind of my thing now. I still need Kate to sign my copy of her book.

Ditto Mar ! Congrats on the book Hornedquad and many thanks !!!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

When I arrived at rehab, I was given a book titled, "The Spinal Cord Injury Handbook." It was full of helpful, yet cold and impersonal information. Perhaps yours should be sitting on the bedside of SCI rehab patients as well. Congrats to you for sharing your story!

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    coool!!!!!! man, once i get a paycheck can i get a signed copy?
    Haha Thank You! And Absolutely!!

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    Congrats! Such wonderful and inspiring news. I am the parent of a teenager with SCI. Like you and your family, I want to change those first scary days after SCI for those who come behind us. I never want another mom to feel the way I did, lost, frightened and so confused. I havent written a book but I am creating change in other ways. Together we will make this better. Great job!!!
    Thank You Very Much! Without being overly philosophic I've always thought there was a reason for my injury so if this turns out to be what it is then I'm happy to help...

Quote Originally Posted by SoFla View Post
    When I arrived at rehab, I was given a book titled, "The Spinal Cord Injury Handbook." It was full of helpful, yet cold and impersonal information. Perhaps yours should be sitting on the bedside of SCI rehab patients as well. Congrats to you for sharing your story!
    Thank You, I hear ya, I didn't have much literature in rehab but there were definitely no shortage of "councilors" telling my wife and I how bad our lives were going to be from then on. I'd really like to think my book might help someone in that spot... CHEERS!