Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RALLY FOR THE CURE!

RALLY FOR THE CURE!

Everyone,

Please don't miss this announcement from Patricia:

HAPPY HOUR ... SATURDAY, JUNE 5TH, 5:30 - 7:30 AT THE EMBASSY SUITES!

All those staying at the hotel or around town ... how about joining Wise and Patricia for an informal chance to get together and chat?!!!

See you in New York City!

Persist ... in Hope,
    Patricia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Winter Garden, New York City ... the place to be June 6th!

Watch your mailbox for more information.

WEBSITE NOW OPEN! Visit www.rallyforthecure.org!

Make plans now to be there!

[This message was edited by Jeff Weeks on 06-03-04 at 09:57 AM.]

Could you give us some more information on this? What is actually going to take place at this rally? I am interested in attending, but I really have no idea what to expect.

winter garden, its a beautiful area/ location by the water on manhattans west side bike /ped path

We are going to try to get the largest number of people with spinal cord injury together in one place. "Wheelchairs gone wild" was one name that was suggested but people settled on "Rally for Cure". The Rally is intended to honor those people who have done the most for the cure, many unheralded people who have worked so hard to get the cure movement going. In addition, we will have a workshop before the meeting to review the progress towards the cure... probably in a hotel close to the Winter Garden. The Winter Garden has a spot in our hearts because we had held the first two "cure" events there before the 9/11 attack destroyed the building next door and really devastated the Winter Garden as well.

This is a picture of the Winter Garden after the attack http://carecure.rutgers.edu/spinewir...tergarden.html

Wise.

This is the first I've heard of the rally. I'd love to be there. Where can I find more info?

Tom

Tom,

The Rally for the Cure will be on June 6 (Sunday). The Winter Garden is in the World Financial Center on the western tip of Manhattan, with a glorious view of New Jersey and the Statue of Liberty.

We will hold a workshop for the community to discuss the latest therapies in the afternoon. The rally will probably start around 5 pm. We will have the inside and outside of the Winter Garden. I am hoping that the weather will be good (it should be). We can watch the sunset together. It should be beautiful.

There will be food and drink. There will be a dance performance (by people with spinal cord injury). We will try to get all the major supporters of cure to the event, so that the community can thank them and each other.

We are requesting that people who come to the event raise some money from their communities and bring them to the rally (every little bit is good). This is a rally for the cure by and for the community.

Patricia Morton will post details about how people can do that. The committee has identified hotels close by that will have special rates, accessible rooms, and facilities for people who are coming in from longer distances.

Wise.

Wow, this is so great. I hope we can get lots of people together. How about the thought of contacting John Kerry on this, maybe he could be there? I am willing to do everything in my power to alert him to the importance of this issue, we could have tv cameras there and John Kerry giving a speech about people who have been forgotten under the G.W Bush administration.

Patricia, Wise,

Please post updated info on here (in addition to mailings you send) for those who do not recieve info via mailbox.

Is this just a 1 day event?
    It would be great to recieve Agenda ASAP, including the discounted hotel and related info in advance.

Thanks!

I will drive in from Pennsylvania for the day. Having wheelchair van parking for people attending for the day from out of town would be wonderful!

How do I get on the mailing list? I'd like to book my flight and hotel accommodations as soon as possible.

Curt, presenting this rally to John Kerry is a really great idea. Good luck, I really hope he is responsive. We need as many high profile individuals as possible on board.