Thread: Fun with AD

Fun with AD

Hey everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. I am unfortunately not. Saturday morning at 2:00 am I awake to the most intense headache of my life, and it wouldn't go away. Got freaked out, thought I would have a stroke, so I call 911.

As soon as paramedics get there, I pass a huge blood clot through my SP tube and my bag immediately starts filling 1/2 way with urine. They thought I should still check it out with the ER since I have a DVT and take anti-coagulates for the blood clot.

ER checks my blood levels for the coumadine, all is fine. Check for uti, all is fine. Great, so were done here?

Not quite...Saturday night extreme AD headache 1/2 way into my bowel program. Not constipated, most likely just distended.

Sunday night, I can't even straighten out my legs because everytime they spasm, I get AD headache. Ok this is enough, going to the ER again tomorrow.

Monday, all tests show nothing. Give me a referral for an sci doc to see next week. Perscription for valium and analgesic cream for the bowel program.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on with me??? Can one acute AD episode make you super sensitive to recurrence? I dont want to be taking valium but i dont want to go through this anymore, so I have been taking it at night since Monday (when the headaches have been occuring).

What else should I be looking for? No pressure sores, no marks or boo-boos below sensation, no infection...I am so frustrated. Please help!
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

i went threw the samething in november ashley i was admitted in the hosp but never could find anything wrong finally after a week it went away never did find out what caused it

What tests/imaging did they all do?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Yes it can be a very bad headache and then don't feel well after for a while.
    Was your urine draining? Any recent irritation- even though INR maybe okay if irritated you could still bleed and the bodies response is to clot it off so unless profuse bleeding you should irrigate the sptube and remove any obstructions.
    This is AD and you need to look for the source (urine not draining, bowel etc)and remove and then if can't find cause and relieve, try nitropaste and then if doesn't stop call 911. It i not the best and safe practice to wait for ems and go to ER first-etc...
    And get checked out after as you did but to prevent further- irrigate tube if get symptoms. Do you have the syringe and sterile water?
    CWO

Yes, after a major AD episode even moving a certain way triggered the headache. It'll get better. May take a couple of weeks.

Always ensure the SP is running, maybe irrigate more once spasms stop.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

November, they did a urine culture, chest x-ray, urinalysis, cbc blood work, metabolic panel, and PT-INR.

My urine has been draining normally since saturday when I originally passed the blood clot through my tube. I do have a syringe and sterile water. I usually only irrigate the bladder when i'm changing the sp tube. How often do you suggest I irrigate?

So is this common to be hypersensitive for awhile? Should I be worried if I continue getting bad headaches? My normal blood pressure is around 95/60. The highest my blood pressure ever reached to my knowledge was 135/88. What level is nitropaste needed by?
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

Keep checking your blood pressure routinely and see if there are cycles. Not only AD present but you could be having AD without symptoms. It does take a few days to quiet down totally. Drink as much water as you can to keep the urine clear.
    CWO

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    November, they did a urine culture, chest x-ray, urinalysis, cbc blood work, metabolic panel, and PT-INR.

My urine has been draining normally since saturday when I originally passed the blood clot through my tube. I do have a syringe and sterile water. I usually only irrigate the bladder when i'm changing the sp tube. How often do you suggest I irrigate?

So is this common to be hypersensitive for awhile? Should I be worried if I continue getting bad headaches? My normal blood pressure is around 95/60. The highest my blood pressure ever reached to my knowledge was 135/88. What level is nitropaste needed by?
    Here is a link to an AD card that you can print out--it is a tri-fold. There is one panel for ER docs/EMS and 3+ panels for the consumer. Fill in your baseline info in the event of an emergency.

Any chance you have an ovarian cyst or are about to start your period? These are often missed causes in women.

http://www.christopherreeve.org/atf/...DCARDADULT.PDF
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Thanks Cheesecake...I have recently had my period, but I will bring it up to the doctor when I see them Thurs, I haven't considered that.
    -Dorothy Thompson