Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever get your disability thrown in your face by an educator??

Ever get your disability thrown in your face by an educator??

I was watching a webinar for continuing education when the presenter.........

well watch my youtube video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Y0WjCMcG8
    Last edited by jhope; 06-14-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"

I reckon he will not get any brighter with age that one.

Do not have time to watch your video, is what happened so involved that watching a video is a shorter process than you just telling what happened?

I signed up for a live webinar to get continuing education credit. Dr. Ritter is introducing himself and then felt it necessary to show a picture of 14 wheelchairs lined up in front of him at the ticket counter. So he says I see a lot of wheelchairs going on the air plane but so few get off so the quickest way to learn how to walk is to fly on an airplane. I made a video introducing myself and have discussed that I was that this man went out of his way to complain about being inconvenienced. I guess I was trying to humiliate him the way he humiliated me.
    Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"

That's a brilliant deduction from a medical professional. I guess spinal cord injury would be cured if paralyzed people would just get on a plane.
    Daniel

The comment was insensitive, no doubt. That being said, just to play devil's advocate, he might have been referencing the current trend that almost anyone claims to have a disability, as evidenced in the abundance of disabled placards in parking lots, in an attempt to reap the benefits of better parking, or in this case, earlier boarding on a flight.

It was an idiotic comment to make though, and it comes from a place of pure ignorance. I just don't know if it was necessarily malicious, especially towards those who are in genuine need of assistance in boarding.

That being said, for anyone who is deeply offended, he did give his email address at the very beginning of his presentation......bombarding his email account with your disapproval may make him rethink his words next time

Video was removed ???
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

i removed it on behalf of 3m espy who was unaware of it and they promised to address it immediately but what the hell >:-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Y0W...=youtube_gdata
    Last edited by jhope; 06-14-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KiranA View Post
    The comment was insensitive, no doubt. That being said, just to play devil's advocate, he might have been referencing the current trend that almost anyone claims to have a disability, as evidenced in the abundance of disabled placards in parking lots, in an attempt to reap the benefits of better parking, or in this case, earlier boarding on a flight.

It was an idiotic comment to make though, and it comes from a place of pure ignorance. I just don't know if it was necessarily malicious, especially towards those who are in genuine need of assistance in boarding.

That being said, for anyone who is deeply offended, he did give his email address at the very beginning of his presentation......bombarding his email account with your disapproval may make him rethink his words next time
    I agree w/ Kiran's points... but yeah, I'd chalk it up to ignorance.

Blog Entries
    The message that I heard is that there were 14 wheelchairs when getting on, but only 2 to get off - meaning that most of these folks were miraculously 'cured' during the flight. I'd make the same comment if I saw a bunch of fakers using chairs to get on the plane early.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury