Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever get your disability thrown in your face by an educator??

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    I agree w/ Kiran's points... but yeah, I'd chalk it up to ignorance.
    You are respectfully missing the point. There was no reason to take that photo and make it part of the presentation which was titled:

Adhesive Cementation - A Practical Approach
    Presenter: Dr. Rob Ritter, DMD
    Sponsor: 3M ESPE

No one asked him! He was annoyed at the time it took to board the plane.
    Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    The message that I heard is that there were 14 wheelchairs when getting on, but only 2 to get off - meaning that most of these folks were miraculously 'cured' during the flight. I'd make the same comment if I saw a bunch of fakers using chairs to get on the plane early.
    wait...........you think people fake using a wheelchair to get on the plane early? You do know that you must need assistance. You do not get to stand up and walk to your seat. The plane doesn't leave until everyone is boarded.
    I explained why you never see the disabled get off the plane at the end.
    Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"

I believe he was commenting on all the phonies. Woman I saw in an airport wheekchair, getting on the plane with me, lobbying the gate attendant for an up grade to 1st class, because see had trouble walking. She didn't get it. On arrival she got up, grabbed her bag and was gone off the plane. Cured.
    Disney world is full of phonies. You see one person riding in the chair and someone else pushing them. Half hour later they've switched places.
    I've asked and I'm not allowed to shoot them in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Disney world is full of phonies. You see one person riding in the chair and someone else pushing them. Half hour later they've switched places.
    Cue jaw drop... wow, I guess you can call me naive but that really shocked and sickened me. I assume they do it for shorter ride waits? I read here that when you're in a chair at amusement parks you don't wait in line the same.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

this had no place in a professional presentation. the ill informed dr. was using the old adage we are all taught: start your presentation with a joke. unfortunately, his idea of a joke was not funny. what was his email again? he said it so fast.

i really enjoyed your video though had to slow down scrolling text thank you for the video.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Cue jaw drop... wow, I guess you can call me naive but that really shocked and sickened me. I assume they do it for shorter ride waits? I read here that when you're in a chair at amusement parks you don't wait in line the same.
    this is well known at the parks. teens are big offenders.

OMG that is so wrong!

Hello Dr. Salkind,

Thank you for contacting 3M ESPE Dental Products. Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of 3M ESPE. I personally know a number of employees from our Professional Relations Team and I can assure this is something they would not condone. I will address this immediately, as I believe they are unaware it.

Again, I am terribly sorry you were subjected to these offesive comments.

Best regards,
    Amy B.
    3M ESPE Customer Care Center
    1-800-634-2249, ext. 1

Our last flight was from Athens to JFK. Five disabled people got on with 2 wheelchairs, 2 walkers and a cane with a knee stabilizer. Right before landing, after reminding our attendent about my chair in the hold, we were told there were 42 requests for airport chairs besides the original 5 who knew we were last off and we also had an emergency off that the Captain announced. A man with chest pains was brought up to business/first where we were, given oxygen and a doctor was on board who said most likely an anxiety thing but, yea, rapid heart beat. The vast majority of people ignored the stay seated until the local paramedics removed the emergency person order from the Captain. And after finding out that wheelchairs go last the 42 requests was later found to be more like 14. I was the last off a huge ass Airbus before customs could clear it because I needed the aisle chair. The other wheeler had MS and was able to use her walker as far as her chair.
    There is still NO excuse to add that to a dental conference. Maybe we should send that goof pictures of the horrible things most of us go through getting into dental rooms/chairs.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

http://www.ritterandramsey.com/meet-our-doctors.php

For those in the south Florida area maybe a visit to see how they deal with the disabled one on one. They do offer oversize suites...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.