Thread: ip address problem

ip address problem

I get a window that says I have more than one computer on my ip address. and that it is conflicting with performance and such.

what should I d, o?

there are 3 computers and a touch pad in the house, and we have a secure network.
    I notice my neighbors home address is listed on our network. they live above us, and appear to have their own router, but not a secure network.

the router is always having to be reset also. it keeps going to an unidentified network, or it is called native internet.

if u know how to get into your wireless router, change the channel on it and it should fix it..........in browser type 192.168.1.1 and see if that does not get u into it.....maybe a good idea to password it also.....just remember it......

Good advice given above. Once you type that IP address in your browser a window will open with all the settings and such. It will walk you through the options to a degree. Not completely, but you will have the idea. Sometimes it asks for a password with is normally admin or administrator( this is just for the router settings) If you enable a secured network it will allow you to set the password or allow you to set a ?? something key. I don't remember the name of it! WPED or something.....
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

and your wireless should have where you can type in a number for channels, add a few more so you doin't run out
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

wpa2 encryption.......

changing the channel did not work. could it be because my roomie has his laptop on all the time? he gets really pissed if I turn everything off, but it seems like something resets if I turn all the computers off at night, but not always. It almost always goes of between 3-4 in the afternoon too. the cable company says it isnt them it must be the router. we had another router a couple years ago and changed it for that reason and it did not help the problem. we have to reset the router, and the cable box, and remove the batteries to reset everything when we lose internet.

You may want to change the channel (frequency) and make sure it's different from other network around yours.

thank you.