Thread: Dr Young aquatic walking question

Dr Young aquatic walking question

Hi Doc, I was looking into how the heck to start an intensive walking program. I know you said that harnesses can give pressure sores in locomotion training. I was at one of the open houses when you told me about how Christopher Reeves used the pool. So we started aquatic therapy at Helen Hayes in West Haverstraw on day a week for a little over a month now and I gotta say it is definitely worth it. My son is a c5 ASIA A. So I started thinking about the 6/6/6 thing and how in the US that could be done since most locomotor training is done with some type of harness. I stumbled upon this piece of equipment that with a few modifications I think could work. It is called FitMax Aquatic walker, it reminds me of the Nordic track type equipment. It just seemed to make sense to me by adding some velcro straps and a few buoyance devices, maybe even some sort of motorization, you could have your 6/6/6 program in a university pool with fewer PT's thus reducing the costs of the trial. If you would not mind taking a look at this piece of equipment and let me know what you think. I am thinking of purchasing one for home use. thanks again for your time
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by muskie View Post
    Hi Doc, I was looking into how the heck to start an intensive walking program. I know you said that harnesses can give pressure sores in locomotion training. I was at one of the open houses when you told me about how Christopher Reeves used the pool. So we started aquatic therapy at Helen Hayes in West Haverstraw on day a week for a little over a month now and I gotta say it is definitely worth it. My son is a c5 ASIA A. So I started thinking about the 6/6/6 thing and how in the US that could be done since most locomotor training is done with some type of harness. I stumbled upon this piece of equipment that with a few modifications I think could work. It is called FitMax Aquatic walker, it reminds me of the Nordic track type equipment. It just seemed to make sense to me by adding some velcro straps and a few buoyance devices, maybe even some sort of motorization, you could have your 6/6/6 program in a university pool with fewer PT's thus reducing the costs of the trial. If you would not mind taking a look at this piece of equipment and let me know what you think. I am thinking of purchasing one for home use. thanks again for your time
    Do you mean to put this device underwater? http://www.activeforever.com/p-2317-...FUZN4Aod2AG6YA

Wise.

Dat be the one!
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature