Thread: Investing to capitalize on interest rates

Blog Entries

Investing to capitalize on interest rates

I can't help thinking thinking there must be really good ways to invest due either to interest rates being so low or the fact that certainly they will rise substantially again. Beyond that, I have no idea what to do. Is there a way to invest in housing market short of buying a whole home to rent out? Does anyone have any other advice?

I think the market is a great way to invest. Everything is on sale right now just need to have a strong stomach.

only way i know, buy a house to rent, both housing and interest is still low...im about to do it....you can also just refinance your own home if your rate is high and save $ every month....i did mine in jan...went from 6.5% down to 4.1% mortgage p&i dropped 248 a month..(net savings 195 a month)...
    - Rolling Thru Life -

There is no low risk method to exploit the current low interest rates to achieve a high return. This is especially true if you lack personal expertise in the area in which you would invest. Anyone who tells you differently is delivering misinformation.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post
    I think the market is a great way to invest. Everything is on sale right now just need to have a strong stomach.
    I couldn't disagree more (well except about the strong stomach part).

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ain-today.aspx
    Last edited by t8burst; 06-16-2012 at 06:35 PM.

You may want to look into REITs. Its a way to invest in real estate without a direct property purchase.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

... and I've got a bridge to sell you.
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I couldn't disagree more (well except about the strong stomach part).

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ain-today.aspx
    Its fine to disagree but I really wouldn't follow Motley fools They change opinion like the wind IMO.

Lots of great stocks with Div yields around 5% also for the long haul many companies selling at a discount. Just need to watch and invest in quality.

Ya, I'd stay away from Reits, but that's just me. I feel it's going to be a long time before the real estate market bounces back again. Maybe look into Utility Stocks and Oil Stocks. IMO can't go wrong with either unless nuclear fusion because available anytime soon which is highly unlikely. I am also big on defense stocks.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred