Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An offer to Wolfeman, I can't stand your pictures any more......

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    The challenge is packing up that Webber and those special grates for the plane trip!

All the best,
    GJ
    Now this is a good question! Do you have a grill? Doesn't necessarily have to be a charcoal grill. A working grill of any kind will suffice. Or we can cook inside!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    One problem I would have is committing at this early date. I am interested but would hate to be counted in and then have to back out.
    No problem, it is still a long way out. I don't think anyone can really start committing until we get a date set in stone.

The challenge is packing up that Webber and those special grates for the plane trip!
    That is the part I am still working on. I have a nice gas grill but that is just not the same. I really want to try his pulled pork, ribs, and brisket. Gotta go with a real grill for those things. I'm going to start looking on craigslist to see whats out there.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Are brown people invited too lol just kidding. I'd come but I would need a ride from airport.
    GET YOUR BROWN ASS DOWN HERE!! My girlfriend or I would be happy to pick you up at the airport. Or better yet drive down. We go up to Vegas a lot and its under 5 hours and 1 tank of gas from my door to the strip. Then you would have a car down here for checking out AZ.

Purple haze, arod- Sounds good. Once we can set a date I will post how many open rooms I have. I think it will just be first come first serve. When someone can confirm they are coming for sure (airline ticket or something) I'll update the room count.

Info for anyone who might seriously want to look into this:

Fly into Phoenix int' airport, code PHX

I only live about 15 miles from the airport. I would be happy to pickup anyone flying in. I have 96 honda with two doors that is an easy transfer and a chevy truck that is higher but shouldn't be a problem for paras to transfer into. Just let me know which one to bring to pick you up in.

Renting a car might be a good way to go if you want to go check places out. I have room for rental cars in the driveway.

I have one roll-in shower that I just put a bench in. We might have to make a schedule for that one. I have one standard shower/tub combo that a bench can fit on. The other bathroom with a shower/tub is too small for chairs but ABs can use it. I have one other bathroom a chair can fit in but it is just a toilet. All the toilets are standard height. I can measure the doors into each bathroom if anyone would like.

I think the next step is to start talking some dates. I could also do Oct. Nov. both are very nice that time of year. Spring training is in March if people wanted to go watch some ball games.
    Last edited by BJH; 06-13-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Are brown people invited too lol just kidding. I'd come but I would need a ride from airport.
    would,nt a ccc bbqq be fun?!!!

Wolfee should do BBQ camp. Id send my roomie/sweetie. guy can't bbq worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    Wolfee should do BBQ camp. Id send my roomie/sweetie. guy can't bbq worth a damn.
    Bring your sweetie, he can learn while he is here.

Quote Originally Posted by BJH View Post
    That is the part I am still working on. I have a nice gas grill but that is just not the same. I really want to try his pulled pork, rubs, and brisket. Gotta go with a real grill for those things. I'm going to start looking on craigslist to see whats out there.
    Since you are looking for something else, I checked back in some threads:
    His grill is a Weber Performer and the grates are Craycort Cast Iron Grates. (Picture below)

His smoker is a Weber Smokey Mountain.

My father always said, "You gotta have good tools to do good work."

All the best,
    GJ

Since you are looking for something else, I checked back in some threads:
    His grill is a Weber Performer and the grates are Craycort Cast Iron Grates. (Picture below)

His smoker is a Weber Smokey Mountain.

My father always said, "You gotta have good tools to do good work."

All the best,
    GJ
    Great research!! I can do any of the things mentioned on a Weber One Touch Gold Kettle. I found a brand new one that was unused for $35. If you buy one brand new, they are around $85. The Craycort Grates aren't necessary. The regular stock Weber grates are perfectly fine.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Larry,

What size is your grill? I see lots of 22 1/2 for sale on craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by BJH View Post
    GET YOUR BROWN ASS DOWN HERE!! My girlfriend or I would be happy to pick you up at the airport. Or better yet drive down. We go up to Vegas a lot and its under 5 hours and 1 tank of gas from my door to the strip. Then you would have a car down here for checking out AZ.
    Good deal, I'm in, I wouldn't need a room, I'd get my own room at a hotel. Driving sounds fun, I've never driven that far ever. I wonder if the cowboys are playing the cardinals early in pre-season. Set the date.

Good deal, I'm in, I wouldn't need a room, I'd get my own room at a hotel. Driving sounds fun, I've never driven that far ever. I wonder if the cowboys are playing the cardinals early in pre-season. Set the date.
    Great! I'll talk to a friend of mine who manages a couple hotels and see if he could get a discount on an accessible room for you when we get the dates.

The drive isn't bad I think you would be glad you did it.