Thread: HP Printer Experience?

HP Printer Experience?

I need an "all-in-one" printer that has fax capability. I am looking at the HP Desk Jet 3050A which is a wireless machine. My computer is an lap top HP Pavilion dv6 set up as WIFI and should be compatable with this printer.

My question is--any experience, good or bad with this printer? The cost is $80 with free shipping.

Thanks for your help.

Not in over my head, yet
    Wade Waters
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Quote Originally Posted by wazabiker View Post
    I need an "all-in-one" printer that has fax capability. I am looking at the HP Desk Jet 3050A which is a wireless machine. My computer is an lap top HP Pavilion dv6 set up as WIFI and should be compatable with this printer.

My question is--any experience, good or bad with this printer? The cost is $80 with free shipping.

Thanks for your help.

Not in over my head, yet
    Wade Waters
    anything under 100 bucks is usually a no-brainer, but since it's a HP which has great printers (and great linux support) i'd say go for it
    I bought my mom a hp all-in-one and it works great, then last year i bought one for me and it works great, i don't use the fax part so i don't know about it, mainly as a printer and scanner
    i did go to hook mine up wireless but seemed to create a print quene on the hp.com web server and my print jobs would be going out the internet and back to the printer to print. didn't have the patenice to mess with it, so just hooked it up as a usb device off my ubuntu box
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

just looked in my emails, looked like I bought the HP photosmart c309 allin one printers
    think the one i got my momswas the same or very close
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I often check out Newegg for reviews before shopping arround. I have always appreciated them.

HP 3050a
    ______
    Awe at my magnificent coq!

"You may say I'm a dreamer
    but I'm not" - J. Lennon

I've always had good experiences with HP printers, although the all-in-ones I have bought do not include the fax option. Right now I have to Photosmart Premium All-In-One, and it is great.

I've always had good luck with their customer service too.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

I have an HP Laser, but any HP I have had has been great. I always look at the cost of the ink cartridges as well when buying a new printer. Sometimes they can be as much as the unit itself! Mostly I use Office Depot, so they have a lesser priced ink cartridge that will work. They saw it could void the warranty on the printer, but I have never had that happen nor really had one break during that short warranty period!
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.