Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Double therapy: laserponcture combined with olfactory cells

Happy to announce that i am setting up arrangements for my departure!!

Must take care of some important things first and then off i go for vacation. (just kidding Dr. Bohbot!!)

Can't wait!!!!!!

Dear Tucker,

The reason why I made these videos is not to make the knowledge of sci individuals recovery progress, but only because I hoped that a Hollywood producer would watch the videos and hire me as a director.

More seriously, the sci patients we filmed couldn't do what they do now on videos � or a tenth of it � before the treatment. I hope it answers your question.

Apart from the videos, take the time to read the patient's description for each of them, and you'll notice that the progress are global and concern functional, sensibility and visceral recoveries, regardless the level of injury. Moreover, videos are filed and useful to materialize the progress, such as Emilie's video dating back to 2001.

I'd be happy and very interested if rehab centers, such as sci-step or project walk, would post the same kind of videos with patients not treated by laserponcture beforehand, of course.

For us, the braces are a transitory step to recover the standing position and awareness of the body in space, before moving on and discarding the braces.

Albert

--------------
    French:

Cher Tucker,

En fait, si j'ai fait ces videos, ce n'est pas pour faire progresser la connaissance des progres que peuvent faire des blesses medullaires, c'est parce que j'esperais qu'un producteur d'Hollywood verrait ces videos et m'embaucherait comme metteur en scene

Plus serieusement, et pour repondre a votre question, il est evident que les blesses medullaires qui sont filmes sur les videos ne faisaient pas du tout ou moins du 10e de ce qu'ils sont capables de faire sur les videos qui les concernent.

Independamment des videos, si vous allez sur le descriptif clinique des progres faits tant en recuperation sensitvo-motrices que viscerales, vous comprendrez que les resultats sont globaux et concernent toutes les atteintes. Par ailleurs, les videos servent d'archives de facon a materialiser les progres, comme la video d'Emilie qui date de 2001.

Je serais tres content et tres interesse si d'autres centres de reeducation, par exemple sci-step ou Project Walk ou autre, mettaient sur leur site des videos identiques et avec des patients qui n'ont pas ete prealablement traites par laserponcture naturellement.

Pour nous les attelles ne sont qu'un passage pour recuperer la position debout et la position du corps dans l'espace, avant de supprimer les attelles.

Albert

Albert I'm just wondering being a c5,c6 quad myself why dont they show the quads in the videos moving their hands?

Yea you can see it from far but being that hand movement is so important for independence I would think you would want to show that.

Originally posted by QuadPro:

Albert I'm just wondering being a c5,c6 quad myself why dont they show the quads in the videos moving their hands?

Yea you can see it from far but being that hand movement is so important for independence I would think you would want to show that.
    good question...

QuadPro and lel42,

That's a good question indeed and we'll post a video with Elena moving her hands so that you can see the results obtained by laserponcture.

We'll post Elena's video either late afternoon or tomorrow. Elena is a C5-6 complete quad � see her webpage for more information concerning the before-after laser treatment � and you'll appreciate how much she's recovered use of her hands. For your information, Elena's aunt and uncle are doctors.

I hope that this will help you to appreciate the seriousness and quality of our work. But now if one of you asks me to film her dancing the Swan Lake, it may be a little early .

As soon as we have more quads moving their hands filmed, we'll update our website.

Thanks for raising this issue as it didn't seem essential to us. But we are "in" the treatment and it's useful that outside observers remind us what is important for them. Standing or walking may not appear as a top priority.

Again, thanks for telling us what you want to see.

Albert
    www.laserponcture.net
    www.laserponcture.org (videos)

------------------------------------
    French:

QuadPro and lel42,

Effectivement, c'est une bonne question, et nous nous empressons d'y repondre par une video afin que toute ambiguite soit levee sur les resultats obtenus par le laserponcture.

Vous verrez des ce soir au plus tot, demain au plus tard sur notre site, Elena tetraplegique C5-6 complete (voir dossier clinique) et une mise a jour qui presente la recuperation de ses mains.

J'espere que cela vous permettra d'apprecier le serieux et la qualite du travail que nous faisons ici. Maintenant si l�un de vous me demande de la filmer en dansant le Lac des Cygnes, c'est un peu tot .

Des que nous aurons d'autres tetraplegiques, nous ferons des updates sur les progres des mains.

Merci d'avoir souleve ce probleme, effectivement, cela ne nous avait pas paru indispensable mais il est vrai que nous sommes a l'interieur du traitement et que des yeux exterieurs nous rappellent ce qui est veritablement important pour chacun, et peut-etre que se tenir debout ou marcher n'est pas la priorite absolue.

Merci encore de m'avoir rappelle ce que vous aimeriez voir.

Albert
    www.laserponcture.net
    www.laserponcture.org (videos)

Elena's video is now online. Go to www.laserponcture.org, look for Elena and click on "Video of Elena moving her upper limbs and hands".

Albert

Rocky, i´m a T6 complete, i also walk with braces and a walker, but climb up and down stairs is my obsession, and i can´t...how do you do that???

Berny.

Hello Dr. Bohbot,

Thank you for posting Elena's video. It's pretty impressive. However, as sceptical as I am, I'd like to ask you whether you have any other one, possibly someone's who is more than two years post. As we all know, some Sci folks recover substantially within the first two (in some cases more) years of their post injury.
    From the vidoe clip, Elena's injury dates back in August 8th, 2001. She started the laserpuncture sesions (how many did she receive by the way? Was it 34 or more?) in February 12th, 2002.

I'm not sure whether her recovery was a result of your therapy, or she could have recovered anyway as she was within the time frame of her possible recovery...or probably a combination of these two.

I remember, couple of months ago I sent you an email where I asked if there is any way my friend(C5/6 complete, 12 years post)could get any results at all using your technique. Your response was:

Dear Vienna,

Thanks for your email.
    We have patients with more than 30 years of injury (you may wish to contact
    Ginny: ginny_richard@xxxxx.com).

Kind regards,
    Albert Bohbot

My question is: do you have any video clip on this guy Ginny Richard you could post in your web site? That would be very convincing.

Thank you in advance Dr. Bohbot.

Albert
    I am a Nurse Practitioner in California and my son, Derek age 18 sustained SCI 1-12 5/03. We are traveling to China to visit Dr. Huang in April 04. I have tried to download your information/video on laserponcture and keep getting proxy error. Can you forward me this information please.

Berny it took me sometime before I could go up and down stairs, it was hard at first but, try try try somemore. All I can tell you is to put your feet in the middle of the steps lean forward, put your hands two or three steps higher than your standing and swing one leg up , than lean on that foot you just put up and swing the next one up. Hope that will help you