Thread: jumping tandem

Question jumping tandem

Pluses? Minuses?
    Do I need to change clothes? Can I wear my glasses?

Yes, I will find out if I can go or I can google but as always prefer responses from experienced.

I'm a complete c6 5'7" all leg.

Thanks.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I remember reading a few threads here on Care Cure written by members who have jumped. I thought is was exciting going soaring with my nephew, but tandem jumping would be the ultimate kick, I think.

NL has done indoor skydiving at an attraction in N. Calif. She wore goggles that fit over glasses.

Let us know how this goes.

All the best,
    GJ

Here's a link to the previous skydiving thread: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=175020

Thanks for the link.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

not to be a buzz kill but never in my 34 year old quad body life would I do it, break one leg and you are screwed. and if you do it check out the tandems experience. Don't go with someone how who thinks it'll be OK.. I did that once with a zodiak ride and my backside is still tender and susceptable after 22 years later.. I'd consider a glider ride though. Aloha Bruce

Go to Dropzone.com, the disabilities thread. Ask where there is a tandem instructor in your area that has experience with a quad.
    How are your spams?
    Yes you should be able to wear your glasses. They have goggles that fit over them.
    Wear whatever clothes and tie on shoes that are most comfortable for you. They will give you a jump suit to wear if you want. It just will keep grass stains off your clothes, but its not necessary.
    Smile

It's a place that works with SCI many times. I do have fear, but after 30 plus years on my ass its something I want, need, to do.
    We'll see.

Be afraid, be very afraid!
    Years ago when I use to teach jumping, I'd tell people not to be afraid. People would fight that fear. THen one day the light went on and I realized fear is why people go to jump. I started telling my students to be as afraid as they could be. Feel it, let it wash all over you and pay close attention to it. People had a lot better time and more of them kept jumping.