Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What's ur everyday cushion?

Having bought so many second hand chairs, I have a variety of cushions including a Varalite I bought new off CL. The one I like the best and use most is Stimulite Supracor Contoured. I thought about paying out of pocket for a second one if I could match mine up to what I see on the web, not cheap. Oh, I do have full sensation, I simply cannot walk.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I've been a roho user for 14 yrs. I'm thinking about switching not sure which one yet. I've had no skin issues with the roho but maintenance on it sucks. Patching holes and it seems to loose air the colder it gets outside. You can't use the cushion to push off when transferring. Someone else mentioned the sides of the cushion expands into your wheels easily. I'm still a little hesitant to switch to a foam cushion because I've had good luck with my skin and that's what is most important. Anybody go from a roho to a foam cushion, have any comments? I'm wanting to try out the Stimulite.

Extrmmxer, I have used both ROHO and Jay Active cushions for many years at different times; I tried the Stimulite Classic, which is loved by many here, but I was not comfortable on it. As I mentioned above, I have been using the Varilite Meridian for a number of months and I like it. The only downside is that you need (should) reset the cushion once a week, by opening the air valve over night. In doing so you have to find your happy spot again.

Cushions can be very user specific, so maybe you can work with a local DME that has some loaners for you to try.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

The stimulite isn't a foam cushion, its a honeycomb cushion.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.