Thread: I love Vancouver for Wheelchair Travel

I love Vancouver for Wheelchair Travel

The 2nd time around in Vancouver was just as sweet, if not sweeter. The people are so friendly and the city is open to improve wheelchair access. Vancouver even has had a mayor who is a quad. It's not just about making the city accessible its about inclusion.

If you love the outdoors, then you need to visit this city. No car needed, you can take public transportation everywhere, even to the great outdoor adventures like in Whistler.

Read the latest review and see photos here.

Watch Video: Accessible Vancouver, B.C. for Wheelchair Travel

MORE READS: Vancouver, B.C. 2011 - Accessible Restaurants in Vancouver - Accessible British Columbia - Victoria, British Columbia - Journey to Canada 2011 - Adaptive Hiking in B.C.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchair traveler View Post
    The 2nd time around in Vancouver was just as sweet, if not sweeter. The people are so friendly and the city is open to improve wheelchair access. Vancouver even has had a mayor who is a quad. It's not just about making the city accessible its about inclusion.

If you love the outdoors, then you need to visit this city. No car needed, you can take public transportation everywhere, even to the great outdoor adventures like in Whistler.

Read the latest review and see photos here.

Watch Video: Accessible Vancouver, B.C. for Wheelchair Travel

MORE READS: Vancouver, B.C. 2011 - Accessible Restaurants in Vancouver - Accessible British Columbia - Victoria, British Columbia - Journey to Canada 2011 - Adaptive Hiking in B.C.
    Yes, I agree that Vancouver is a lovely city. I wasn't in a chair yet when I was there but it did appear to be a very accessible city.
    I also love very much Victoria, BC as well on Vancouver Island. It is very pretty there. If any one ever goes to Victoria make sure you go to Butchart Gardens which use to a big limestone quarry. They have many different types of gardens there and all have different names.
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 06-10-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RAFS View Post
    Yes, I agree that Vancouver is a lovely city. I wasn't in a chair yet when I was there but it did appear to be a very accessible city.
    I also love very much Victoria, BC as well on Vancouver Island. It is very pretty there. If any one ever goes to Victoria make sure you go to Butchart Gardens which use to a big limestone quarry. They have many different types of gardens there and all have different names.
    Thank you for posting the great video. Having been there when my parents were alive it brought back many memories but we unfortunately didn't get to all the places in your video.
    Happy wheelchair travels to you.

You bet RAFS! Glad I could recreate a loving memory for you. Perhaps it's time for you to visit there again. And yes, I love Victoria too.

I'm somewhat biased, of course, but Vancouver is one of the most accessible cities in the world. I've travelled the globe, and as much as I've loved seeing new cities abroad, it's always a relief to come home to a city that's so wheelchair-friendly.

Glad you enjoyed your trip!

We'll be leaving early Monday morning to play the Canada Cup in Vancouver. Hopefully we'll be able to go into the city. See you!