Thread: crazy attack --felt like chest caving

crazy attack --felt like chest caving

One thing to clarify is that I am able to walk as I am sensory incomplete. I do have spastic muscles from the breast line down and varies from day to day.

I decided to stain my fence. It is a relatively repetitive motion but something I can do. Anyway, it was about 89 degrees and small winds blowing. I started to paint the fence and I was doing good for the first hour. Then as I started to exert myself, I felt like I needed to sit and take deep breaths to get my air back. I became very winded and had to sit and then went back at it. This happened a couple of times and so then my wife called it quits for me. My shoulders and chest and abdomen contracted. This only started to happend about half way into the painting.

This happened one other time when I was working outside in the heat about two months ago;

I finished the fence yesterday but it was much cooler day and none of this happened.

I have had many EKGs and stress tests and my heart always comes back healthy. I have to wonder is it dehydration?Does the shortness of breath happen because my muscles constricts due to the stress from the work I am doing. I cant put my finger on it and I dont have AD at least I dont think I do.

Has this happened to anyone else? It scares the crap out of me. I do my best to stay healthy and in shape but when this happens good lawd.

Dehydrated your ass and over did it.
    Cool towel on your head and relax.

*Not I am not a MD.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I was going to say heart attack but you said you've had tests done so that's not it. When I'm dehydrated I get dizzy and I feel weird, as soon as I drink fluids I feel better. Maybe the next time it happens call the paramedics? Anyway, I'm glad it wasn't much worse.

It feels like that for me when my blood pressure drops.

it's called heat stroke. you need to take caution when doing work outside in the heat.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I am starting to agree with fluids. I am an idiot sometimes as I dont pay attention to the signs. I need to do things at night or when it is not to hot outside. The spasticity really kicks in I must say as I was done for the day after that. I just sat in a big chair the rest of the day.

you can get one of those spray bottles with the fan and add ice cubes and cold water with it. but staying outside doing hard work when it's that hot out is a good recipe for death. stay hydrated. stay cool
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Hi TMAZ,

Perhaps it was the heat and dehydration combined with the toxic fumes from the oil-based stain.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by TMAZ View Post
    I am starting to agree with fluids. I am an idiot sometimes as I dont pay attention to the signs. I need to do things at night or when it is not to hot outside. The spasticity really kicks in I must say as I was done for the day after that. I just sat in a big chair the rest of the day.
    Well, you know, stuff like that happens as you approach 40.

Just kidding. Dehydration and spasticity.....
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.