Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Updates of my results after Dr. Lima's procedure

sped, thank you very much for your posts. I really appreciate them. Wise.

Originally posted by sped:

Mikanen

I only know the basics about computer. I don't know the format. I did try to compress the files but had no success. I did upload it to a site so Dr. Lima could view them but they could only keep them there for a short time that is why I was trying to find somewhere else to host them, for a more lengthly period. There's about 700mb of footage at the moment.

Tim
    700mb would be 1h 45min to 4h of video in AVI (XVid)... If your videos aren't that long, I'm pretty shore you can compress then quite a lot...

You can mail me if you need help (mika.pekkarinen@home.se)

/Mika

http://home.vasteras2.net/mikaza - My SCI data

Hey Tim,

How's it all going. Viewed your video which was great. Hope you're continuing with the exercise program, looks like your gaining a lot of strength. Any new updates?

klj

Hey Sped

You've had a lot of recovery if you were T7 complete. I am T7 complete also but 22 years post.

All the best

What happened to sped? A friend of Jesses is off to Portugal soon to have this surgery so I am trying to find out all I can. Does anyone know how far sped has come with his surgery and return?

I'm still here.

Progress to date would be voluntary toe movements but not yet controlled very well meaning that it could take seconds or minutes to move my toes after thinking about moving them. I've gotten a few grade 1 contractions in my quads, gluts and hamstrings. I'm still working out every day but have yet to get anything real functional. Doctors here that have seen the progress video footage diary that I've kept are optimistic that there's room for improvement however time will tell.

Tim

hi Tim ,hope all is going well for you. next time on your way to T.O. give me a call we will go for coffee...........dave

Thanks Tim,

guessing you would have said, but any sensation improvment and if so how much since surgery?
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Sensation to the touch hasn't changed, it's just allot of pins and needles, electrical shock sensation and numb feelings. Also while standing I can feel pressure under my feel which seems to be increasing ever so slowly.

Dave e-mail me your number again please. I should be in Toronto on the treadmill Jan to the end of Mar.

sounds the same!

Quote Originally Posted by sped
    Just wanted to bump this so you didn't think I had kicked the bucket or something.

I haven't made any major improvements this past month but I haven't lost any of one them either. I can still contract my legs, just can't use the contractions for movements yet. Am very excited to get working with my leg braces. I hope this will help improve other muscle groups.

One change I guess would be a weird feeling in my legs. It's not pins and needles. It's like I can feel blood circulating through them or something of that nature. I forgot to mention in my last post that I can feel the muscles contract. I don't have external sensation changes to mention yet.

Tim
    Sped when you described the feeling in you legs,the blood moving i'm just starting to get the same thing in mine but just recently i got more in the last two months than in the last year& 9 months.Do you get a deep pain in your thigh muscles when you squeeze it at all like a sharp burn sorta,lol?It's good to hear things like this from you cause i'm also going to get this done and i'm a little lower than you at T-11...so i think it would be great to know how many levels you get back! Keep it up and the best of luck to you.