Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Updates of my results after Dr. Lima's procedure

Updates of my results after Dr. Lima's procedure

I have decided to start my own thread to notify members of any changes that may occur since my surgery by Dr. Lima's team which took place on December 12, 2003.

Just so you know I am a t-7 complete. I have four Canadian doctors that have documented my condition before the surgery. I will try and provide medical testing information from before the surgery and follow up afterwards.

My physio at the moment consists of fes bike training every other day, dailey standing and stretching, electrical stim to my calves and some repeditive movement of my legs and trunk area.

Tim Sloggett

Thank you sped, looking forward to your post and wishing you the best.

Here's my first update.

As stated before on another thread I believe that my abdominal muscles have started to kick in. I am now able to lean back to a 20 degree angle and back up repeating this many times. I can't at the moment sit up without the use of my arms from a laying position but am trying. I am still waiting for my EMG test to varify my assumption.

One test that has been completed but many of you might not care about is my urodynamics test. Here are the result.

BEFORE SURGERY

Feb 6, 2003
    max detrusor-17cm H20

POST SURGERY

Mar 17, 2004
    max detrusor-8cm H2O

Someone else would have to discuss these resuls but what was shown was that my bladder pressure has decreased. The pressure in my bladder wasn't bad before the surgery but it is definately even better now. I should add that there were no increase changes in my ditropan, they were the same at 10mg a day for both tests.

That all for now.

Tim Sloggett

Thanks sped,
    Maybe now we can finally get some reliable info that will do the good doctor some justice.

GO BRUINS

Thanks for the updates sped.
    Look forward to reading about your progress and future gains.

I'ld first like to discuss my urodynamics test. I've been told that the change in my bladder wasn't that significant but atleast it's still at a good pressure.

I'm starting to get alittle pissed because I'm still waiting for that damn EMG test but will get the results to you as soon as I can.

Here's an update anyway. A little while ago I've been able to get up onto my knees from a laying position on my stomach. While in that position I am not able to move my legs forward and am still alittle unsteady but I can suck my stomack in useing my abdominals. I also don't know at this time exactly what muscles I'm useing to achive this whether it's lower back, abdominals, hip flexers or a combo.
    Here's the kicker, I had six voluntary muscle contractions in my left leg this past Friday. During physio I'm always trying to move different muscles and this time it worked. I couldn't feel the contraction though but they were definately noticable by myself and my physiotherapist. Every time I tried, it contracted but was only able to do the six times and when I tried with the right leg nothing happened. Unfortunately they haven't occured since either but we're confident they'll appear again and this time I'll be ready with a video recorder. I'm probably going to get this question so I'll answer it now, NO it wasn't a spasm.

Hope to be able to report it happening again in the future.

Tim

Thank you Sped, keep up the good work and keep us informed.

Sped,
    Congrtaulations!!! Left leg and abs, pretty amazing!
    How much are you able to do with your hands? I greatly appreciate your posting your results!

Great news sped! Thanks for the update.

Are you sure it wasn't a spasm?

Sounds good man. Keep it up and keep us posted.