Thread: California’s Stem Cell Agency’s New Strategic Plan Outlines Vision for the Future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

California’s Stem Cell Agency’s New Strategic Plan Outlines Vision for the Future

California’s Stem Cell Agency’s New Strategic Plan Outlines Vision for the Future

San Francisco, CA, June 09, 2012 --(PR.com)-- Creative partnerships to move promising stem cell therapies into clinical trials; a pioneering new kind of clinic to help deliver those therapies to patients; and a renewed commitment to delivering health and economic benefits to California - those are some of the key elements in the new Strategic Plan just published by California’s stem cell agency - the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM)

“This plan is the blueprint that will help guide us through the next phase of our work,” says Ellen Feigal, MD, Senior Vice President for Research and Development at the stem cell agency. “The science surrounding stem cell research is rapidly evolving and our Strategic Plan will help us respond to those changes and use our resources in the most effective way to achieve our goals.”

continue...

http://www.pr.com/press-release/418948

Thank you for your email. I can completely understand how frustrating it must be to read about what we hope to do in the future, when you want something now. You are far from alone. There are millions of Americans with disabling conditions or fighting deadly diseases looking for something that will help them. And believe me we are doing everything we can to try and find ways to help people in need.

The truth is that science often works a lot more slowly than we would like. Finding a potential therapy and then testing to make sure it is not only effective but also safe takes years, sometimes longer. We have been funding research for only around six years, a very short time in terms of scientific research, but clearly a long time if you are waiting for that research to produce results.

We are doing everything we can to move promising therapies from the laboratory into clinical trials. And the new strategic plan we released today will push us even faster.

Yours truly

Kevin McCormack
    Sr. Director of Public Communications and Patient Advocate Outreach
    California Institute for Regenerative Medicine
    Phone: 415-396-9813
    Cell: 415-361-2903
    Kmccormack@cirm.ca.gov
    www.cirm.ca.gov

Date: Thursday, June 7, 2012 1:45 PM
    To: Kevin McCormack <kmccormack@cirm.ca.gov>
    Subject: your announcement today

Manouli alot like the Miami Project and Reeve foundation. All the things they list are far into the future. If, I'm wrong and something comes out next week , month, or year, I will gladly except that as long as it is going to trials immediately. Belive me, all the money and supposed reasearch from the Miami project, is they are applying for a trial for their schwaan cell therapy. If some of the money from that goes from them, the Reeve foundation, and the CIRM, to wise where would we be? the scary part is that nobody seem sto mention wise or his trials and certainly not helping with the funding. I just don't know how to read all this. All I can say is that Wise's phase 3 trials are insituted and they show efficay, Wise and we win. these large organizations with all their rmoney will be a problem. Remember Jerry Lewis and his show everyear for muscular dystrophy. Year after year the show became the focus. the last show that Jerry did , he mentioned stem cell therapy. I love Jerry Lewis and I liked his show but no efficay of all the suposed work that was being done. Bonaconti, Hanson are the focus of the foundations they represent. what has come from these organizations?

anthony

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Manouli alot like the Miami Project and Reeve foundation. All the things they list are far into the future. If, I'm wrong and something comes out next week , month, or year, I will gladly except that as long as it is going to trials immediately. Belive me, all the money and supposed reasearch from the Miami project, is they are applying for a trial for their schwaan cell therapy. If some of the money from that goes from them, the Reeve foundation, and the CIRM, to wise where would we be? the scary part is that nobody seem sto mention wise or his trials and certainly not helping with the funding. I just don't know how to read all this. All I can say is that Wise's phase 3 trials are insituted and they show efficay, Wise and we win. these large organizations with all their rmoney will be a problem. Remember Jerry Lewis and his show everyear for muscular dystrophy. Year after year the show became the focus. the last show that Jerry did , he mentioned stem cell therapy. I love Jerry Lewis and I liked his show but no efficay of all the suposed work that was being done. Bonaconti, Hanson are the focus of the foundations they represent. what has come from these organizations?

anthony

Hi anthony, I like what you did, maybe I will write to them too and others do the same so they will see how bad is for people with spinal cord injury to live like this for the rest of our lives.

keep it up anthony,manouli.

thank you Manouli, Stemcells and atombombs,Dennis tesolat, and Paolo, an dothers are focused on getting the whole picture from these players. It seem sto me that wise Young is currently conducting human trials and moving to phase 3 testing. I've decided to fun dwise'sTrials only an dwill not support other groups like the Miami Project or Reeve foundation. I'm takin gthat risk in that Wise seem sto be moving a therapy forward with a lot less money but more focused approch. Moving to phase 3 trials is exciting for us as a group. don't know what wis's trialsis accomplishing but I understan dhis reluctan ce to, if it is happening, to give premature results from personal obsevations. I respect his reasoning, but I do expect to hear something of efficay when it is indesputable. That is my personal wishes and I don't speak for everyone. Go Wise Young and be the saint that some of us are expecting you to be.

anthony