Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. McDonald

Car Thier, I understand that the Primate testing is only for the doctors to come up with the best way of delivery of the cells and not intended for proof of cure. You are correct in that the rat trials are the main tool in the research process. The primate study is only!! intended to help the doctors understand how best primates (like you and me)can be treated. The doctors only need to work out the delivery details on a few primates, this should not add too much to the time or money.

EAA,

You're right. In addition, it gives Drs. a realistic model to work with before human trials start. McDonald, as I understand it, is working towards optimizating, not prolonging any worthwhile therapies.

Compare what he is trying to accomplish for chronics to anything or anyone else from the USA.

Has this been confirmed through Dr. McDonald directly? Based on the discussion in the SCNT thread where this was initially raised, the conclusion was that we didn't have enough first hand information to know if Dr. McDonald was indeed planning primate and/or human trials anytime soon. Have there been any press releases, has more info. recently become available?

Seneca,
    We had the pleasure and honor of speaking with Dr. McDonald. This is for real.

HOPE2FINDACURE,

I WILL BE SENDING MONEY TO DR.MCDONALD VERY SOON.

COULD YOU TELL US MORE WHAT HE SAID WHEN YOU SPOKE TO HIM AND HOW LONG WAS THAT?

THANK YOU

Originally posted by hope2findacure:

Seneca,
    We had the pleasure and honor of speaking with Dr. McDonald. This is for real.
    Thanks Hope2. Can you provide more details re your conversation.

Yes Seneca,
    This is what we talked about...the primate colony that is available there, the cost down there being 1/100th what it would be here, the delivery of the procedure will be an injection as already talked about months ago in the previous posting concerning this, the promising results of this research he is doing, and he explained Somatic Nuclear Transfer. It made sense when he explained that with SNT, you take the individual's own DNA and create cells that actually belong within the spinal cord. We've had only one conversation with him, and we still have some questions that we've thought of afterward (of course!)and are hoping to speak with him again if possible. But we know enough to realize this is the best thing going, and are so very encouraged.
    To the people on the forum that have been talking about wondering where to donate...check into this.
    Bullrider,
    We spoke to him sometime during the second week of March. I can't advise anyone what to do regarding making a donation, that has to be a personal decision that people make based on the information that they have. We personally feel we have enough information. I'm glad you feel you do also!

[This message was edited by hope2findacure on 03-19-04 at 08:15 AM.]

I spoke with McDonald's nurse, Linda Schultz, in January of this year. She told me that human trials should start the end of 04, and no later than the first of 05, using SCNT.

I inquired as to what kind of results the procedure might produce, and she said based on what had been achieved in the lab, the therapy "should" prove quite effective. She said more than one treatment may be needed until the procedure is optimized.

She never asked for any type of donation.

The original thread discussing Dr. McDonald's project can be found here.

I did go up to London to hear his speech.

I am convinced that he wants to improve our conditions, the word cure was not used. Regardless, it was all very exciting.

I know some people complain about rats (lol), but I saw a video of one and I don't think I've ever been so happy to see a rat walk in my life.