Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Dr. McDonald

Hope, you said it all, good job! and good night.

Dave,

Nice job raising money. I also raised $1,000 in a short period of time.

If we all could contribute in some way this process would be a lot faster.

Hope everyone has a nice day!!!

Dr. McDonald looks like he is taking a bold move and is now working with South Korea to help speed up his NTT trials.Plus,South American team comming up next week to meet with McDonald and review program.

EAA,

You're something else!!!

How do you get this information?

EAA,
    any more details on that ?
    His he thinking in making the trial outside the US ?

Bruno, Yes in South America first and later in the USA. The final time table is not set in stone but with some luck we may be looking at a small human using ESCs in South America early 2005.

Sorry for typo (correction Small human ESC trial,)

EAA and others,

John McDonald just wrote me recently to explain the work that they are doing in Columbia. They are working with a neurosurgery group in Columbia that has access to monkeys, developing and testing a stereotaxic instrument for percutaneous delivery of cells into the spinal cord. This is a monkey study, not a human clinical trial. They are doing this because they can do monkey studies there at much lower cost than in the United States.

I think that ability to deliver cells to the spinal cord without a laminectomy is a critical development. Please note that Jim Guest at Miami Project recently published a study (abstract in the SCI Clinical Research Forum) testing endoscopic equipment in pigs.

Wise.

It would be great if they could do stem cell transplants without having to do a risky surgery.

Thank you Dr. Yound, In addition I was told that if??? all went well with this primate trial ( 18 plus weeks for testing the injection treatment process)that a limited number of humans would be treated. I understand they will be from Columbia.