Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Intouchables

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    It's not yet on Netflix, Optimum yes under new releases. I rented it 2X, watched it 3X. One of the few quad-flicks I found palatable. Just excellent. He's Dustin Hoffman-ish, no?
    I was thinking Dustin Hoffman too. The Weinstein Group has the American rights for a remake. I have read that Colin Firth has been approached for the role of Phillipe. For the Omar Sy role three actors names have been mentioned, Idris Elba, Chris Rock and Jamie Foxx. I think Rob Brown of Finding Forrester, Coach Carter, Take the Lead, The Express, and currently the HBO series Treme would be a suitable Driss.

Intouchables may not be available for streaming, but it is available on Netflix via CD.

All the best,
    GJ

Forgot to add the picture.

From left to right:
    Idris Elba, Chris Rock, Jamie Foxx, Omar Sy, and Rob Brown

All the best,
    GJ

I thought it was an enjoyable flick, got into some of the nitty-gritty of our lives w/o going overboard. And some fun stuff in there too, a lot of good one-liners, had to rewind a couple times just to catch them as they go fast. We rented from Verizon on-demand.

What I found kinda strange, when they show the real guys at the end, why did they completely change the ethnicity of the aide? If I remember right, isn't the real aide's name Jesse something? No way he was from Senegal. Nothing major, just something that made me go "Huh"?
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Intouchables came in the mail from Netflix a few days ago and we watched it last night. Personally, we are glad we didn't get too swept up in anticipation of the movie. Our rating...One Wheel (and make that One Caster).

All the best,
    GJ
    HA! Love the rating scale, though I disagree and would give it 4 wheels and one caster.
    I think they did everything perfect. Dialogue, acting, scenery and music; all spot on.
    I too just saw it on Netflix.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Watched last week from Netflix, Jim and I enjoyed it.

Blog Entries
    Like I said, it should be on Netflix :,) Not a bad investment of your time if your seeking an entertaining, but unrealistic senario based on a true senario. In between scenes of every conceivable paralyzed patient v. caregiver cliche', there are also scenes we must appreciate, such as capturing the paradox of the upper class giant obviously humbled down when being transferred or when expresses shame by avoiding a meet with his love interest.
    Also one of the only screenplays I'm aware of that includes a scene discussing phantom pains in a paralyzed person.

I got it from netflix and just watched it. I tried not to wonder too much how he sat so straight in the car etc. Dave would slide over to me like a sand bag.
    I thought how much easier life would be if I were so strong I could just lift him around!
    Showing the things like feeding a quad,doing range of motion, the phantom pains at night were good details.

I will skip the remake if one is made.